Project List Challenge ( January 2015)

Happy New Year Everyone from Sunny Cairo :)

I recently got this question from a GTD practitioner who has been implementing GTD for at least 2 years now.

Her team recently has grown in number and that resulted in a lot of load of her projects list. But now she needs to know where would these projects go? Do they all go to her waiting for, highly in convenient, or as single lines in the Agendas she has for her team member and the details would go in a project support?

Also she got uncomfortable with the decrease in the number of projects she now has.

Some advice would be great.
Ereny

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Do you mean projects she's delegated to others?

I'd be tempted to create a separate projects list called, "Projects Delegated" that I'd want to look at during my Weekly Review. Once you create that list then you can create next actions just like a regular projects list. Some might have an agenda to ask someone for an update. Other actions might go on a waiting for list. You could even subdivide the Projects Delegated list by person if the volume made sense and made review with that person easier.

From my experience you have to try these different alternatives in your actual system to gauge your personal comfort level. I've made made many tweaks to my own system that in theory made a lot of sense but in practice resulted in ... "well that's stupid".

Barb

Registered
I like the "Projects Delegated" approach because your attention is on it, but not as acutely as it would be if you were completing the project yourself. Hope that helps.

Oogiem

Registered
I've done it in 2 ways. For things that are delegated to a single person I have a section in my agenda's checklist that is a list of their projects and when I expect to hear back from them about the task or that it is done.

For projects delegated to a team I have kept a separate list of them, along with the dates for major milestones and who the team members are and perhaps the team leader. I keep that separate from my own projects. I'd review that as needed to see how the projects are going.