Ready for Anything-New Book

N

neuroist

Has anyone read the new book yet? If so, what did you think? :?:

C

CarolC

I pre-ordered both the book and the audio CD from Amazon. I know that the CD has shipped but the book has not.

I'll keep you posted!

Carol

A

Anonymous

I have the book - got it 9/11

I haven't read much of it. It consists of embellished "Food for Thought" columns that David has previously published. They are organized by a general topic theme.

I have read most of the FFT columns in the past, but I hope it is useful to have them in an easy to reference book format.

randystokes

Registered
Ready for Anything-New Book

I managed to get my hands on an Advance Reader Copy several weeks ago, and read it through. If you're familiar with the essays David posted on the website (Productivity Principle #__), this will look very familiar. He has reorganized them, revised them, and put them together in a single package.

The book is a very good read, and once it was available in stores, I not only bought a hardback copy for myself, but also bought an additional eight copies to give as gifts (and I'll probably buy more for the same purpose). I'm giving the books to many of my staff, partners and clients to whom I gave copies of the GTD book. Both, in my opinion, are incredibly valuable books, and although the new book (RfA, I suppose we'll call it) is very good as a "standalone" book, its real value, in my opinion, is as inspiration to those familiar with the GTD methodology.

So, go buy it as soon as you can, and read away. I'm sure it's a book that, like GTD, I'll read over and over.

Randy

alsa

Registered
The book is excellent albeit shorter than the GTD book

It's about 70% of the thickness of the GTD book but is chock full of invaluable advice. Some of you will regard many of David's points as regurgitation and stating the obvious. However, for a beginner GTDer or anyone who needs some encouragement beyond the "main" book will find the book refreshing and full of great new ideas. Yeah, a lot of these were on the website but having everything in one neat package is great!

Enjoy!

D

dnnichols3

The impact of Partial GTD

I've just started reading this...

I think it is really interesting how the view point (from what I saw in the intro) was that whether or not you want to buy into the total GTD process you can benefit if you try to address just one thing. I love the saying "Year of Better Choices". That can be applied to SOOO Many things in life and work.

This option to not have to be a total GTD convert is really important when you are working with a group of people who you would like to introduce these concepts to but are as David says, "Allergic to time management". They have been burned before and don't want to waste their time. It's possible little by little they can see impact and then be open to more change if they want more benefits.

I also like the sections he chose to organize by and the option to look for quick info versus having to get through the entire book for immediate impact.

So far so good...

J

Jason Womack

Re: The impact of Partial GTD

[quote="dnnichols3"I think it is really interesting how the view point (from what I saw in the intro) was that whether or not you want to buy into the total GTD process you can benefit if you try to address just one thing.

I also like the sections he chose to organize by and the option to look for quick info versus having to get through the entire book for immediate impact.
quote]

I agree! Feedback from people I am talking to is positive. RFA has debuted (and been consistently) at numbers 400-700 on Amazon.com's most popular list!

For those of you wondering, even a 5 minute read, of ONE of the principles, will give you an idea to enhance your workflow! Try it out...