Recurring tasks - Again

Jean-David Roth

Registered
@Jean-David Roth and @rossw,

Likewise here . . . 'Recurring task(s)' are done through Check list(s) which are also great for their inherent . . . 'No Forgetting / No Remembering / No 'Thinking' . . . with 'built-in' beloved Double-Checking capacity

What's not to love?

As you see GTD fit
Yes, Checklists are great.
Putting them into the 31 12 folder system is also.
But, re-reading my previous post and Rossw answer to BusyDave, it suddenly comes to my mind that the 31 12 folder has an inherent problem with weekly tasks... You cannot let them stay in the same (day) folder all year long.
The solution? Probably weekly checklists not in the 31 12, but on your phone or calendar with a weekly repeating choice. (Or my program, which I doubt I will use... because, 1st, I need to review my 31 12 daily. But this is another story.)
So I am going to have a line in my Daily Routine that says : review your 31 12, and start to use it again.
Just hope that my Daily Routine will not explode due to too many thing coming to clutter it... So Yes, I will try to delegate much of it to my 31 12 perhaps... and to checklists, this is for sure. I've already started doing quite a few.
I am sorry that what I say here is not of much value to you... but at least, writing this helps me improve handling GTD. I love GTD. I consider it one of the most influential book in my life.

GTDChemist

Registered
I agree with the daily checklist. Maybe write one and make photocopies so you don’t need to rewrite it and you can cross off completed tasks each time as well as date it to keep records of your streaks.

Cheers,
Stephen