Returning from leave

chrisstribbs

Registered
Hi,
I am back to working tomorrow after a week off.
I've checked my emails a few times, trimmed the fat and responded to a open ticket with Microsoft
.This has been much smoother than the anxiety of not checking and I feel like this has been better.
Other than getting on with a client, a call, finishing a report and getting to Zero in work inboxes; what else do you do after a period of non working ?

mcogilvie

Registered
The nature and rhythm of my work changes every 3-4 months, with breaks in some activities which are shorter. I have found that it takes me several days to adjust to the major changes, and I usually benefit from some review of the higher GTD levels, as well as some project thinking. For a week-long break, a careful weekly review is usually enough. Being kind to oneself and one’s colleagues is important too.

chrisstribbs

Registered
The nature and rhythm of my work changes every 3-4 months, with breaks in some activities which are shorter. I have found that it takes me several days to adjust to the major changes, and I usually benefit from some review of the higher GTD levels, as well as some project thinking. For a week-long break, a careful weekly review is usually enough. Being kind to oneself and one’s colleagues is important too.
Thank you

ivanjay205

Registered
I typically “hide” with an extra PTO day that I use to silently catch up either by synchronizing and setting my laptop to offline or “queuing” emails so they send upon my return so as not to trigger people to respond. This way I am fully caught up before I return. But in addition I find myself to be mentally free and ready to strategize on new ideas so I try to keep that momentum as long as I can before I get sucked back in to the daily grind lol

chrisstribbs

Registered
I typically “hide” with an extra PTO day that I use to silently catch up either by synchronizing and setting my laptop to offline or “queuing” emails so they send upon my return so as not to trigger people to respond. This way I am fully caught up before I return. But in addition I find myself to be mentally free and ready to strategize on new ideas so I try to keep that momentum as long as I can before I get sucked back in to the daily grind lol
Actually I do block out time in my diary. My husband often schedules more for hin, as email is his primary tool.