Slice of GTD Life with Bill Myers

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Having done a few of these Slice of GTD Life interviews, I can say two things for sure.
  1. Anyone, no matter the state of their system, who is still actively learning, who is curious, makes for a good interview.
  2. The toilet talk or whatever else should not be included makes for a good interview.
Having been in ONE, I can say for sure that @John Forrister is a great dialogue partner, doing a wonderful job in asking good questions and making people feel comfortable!

bcmyers2112

Registered
I guess I’ve done enough joking around for at least the next 15 minutes. Also I don’t want to scare anyone off from listening to or viewing the interview. It’s really not that crazy. I was a little nervous and talked a bit too fast, but other than that I just spoke as best I could about my GTD journey up to that point.

I was just grateful to be asked to do the interview. It was fun and it gave me a chance to think about some things in a way that was helpful to me. To hear that others got something out of it as well makes me doubly grateful.

I should also mention that I’m also thankful that this gave me a chance to correspond with @John Forrister via email and even talk to him a bit “offline.” It turns out that in addition to being one of the eminent productivity experts out there, he’s also a really nice and very down-to-earth person. The GTD community is lucky to have him.

See? I can behave myself sometimes.

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
I should also mention that I’m also thankful that this gave me a chance to correspond with @John Forrister via email and even talk to him a bit “offline.” It turns out that in addition to being one of the eminent productivity experts out there, he’s also a really nice and very down-to-earth person. The GTD community is lucky to have him.

See? I can behave myself sometimes.
I totally second that - @John Forrister is the kind of guy you feel you've always known... I've had the pleasure of totally geeking out on email about music with him too, which was great!

Funny that you mention being nervous, you didn't seem nervous at all! I, on the other hand, wasn't just a bit nervous, I was nervous big time! :D

moseylissa

Registered
I've listened to this in parts - life is still and differently crazy for me - and here's my today's "Ah Ha!" from listening.

I need a list called "Do it with dopamine" which is the list of toilet-adjacent activities that I really must do but might need a reward to make palpable. "Finish 3 things on this list and I reward myself with 15 minutes of crochet." That sort of thing.

#Neurospicy

Shady Waxwing

Registered
Sometimes I find that it's really useful to pair frequent small rewards for doing stuff that appears difficult. For me, the potential reward can get me started, and then I find that the task wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Of course I still get the reward, and I learn that things aren't necessarily as hard as they seem sometimes.