Stress-free paradox?

dusanv

Registered
ScottL;69988 said:
The reason for the split is that:

MAYBE: are the pie in the sky items that you may or may not want to do in this lifetime.

SOMEDAY=100% commitment to doing, just NOT THIS WEEK.

They are VERY differengt groups. If I have time I look at the someday list during the week and polish off some of them "ahead of schedule".
That's exactly what I would want from a S/M list. I also like TesTeq's division method, so if I combined these two, I would have 8 lists, but it should not be a problem as long as I am confident that everything is in the place I expect it to be.

Dusan

jennytg3

Registered
Thank you very much, Luke, that was very helpful. I'm going to refer back to this post again and again while processing my in-box - thanks!

Foxman

Registered
Just seen this thread

I split my somedays by Areas of Focus and it gives me a real sense if clarity (I have over 200 on it so far) you can skim through it a lot faster than just having one big list which is great for the weekly review. I've found I completed a number of items on there just by 'accident' as well!

JohnV474

Registered
SDMB and Areas of Focus

Foxman--did you mean 200 items on Someday/Maybe? Or 200 Areas of Focus?

My Someday/Maybe list contains several thousand items. Some items are larger (e.g. build Dream House) and others are tiny details (e.g., replace light switch cover in den).

As a result, I have never reviewed the entire list(s) from start to finish. I found that breaking the list down by the action verb made it easier to review. (I also like the idea of SDMB: review weekly, etc.)

Examples:
SDMB: Visit (people or places)
SDMB: Read
SDMB: Watch
SDMB: Build
... though I also have specialized lists (SDMB: Movies to watch with...), only because they were created ad hoc that way.

JohnV474