The GTD Connect Effect

lucaberta

Registered
Hi GTDers,

not sure if this is the right way to flag the David Allen Company about a small issue I see, but I am wondering if others are seeing this on their systems too.

For the last 3 or 4 days my iTunes does not seem to be able to download two of the latest podcasts from the GTD Connect Members-Only feed. There must be some error or misconfiguration somewhere.

The podcast titles are:
14-Day GTD Challenge Webinar - May 2012
Chris breaks down the 5 phases

Basically iTunes keeps trying and trying, but is not able to download the audio and video content.

Can anyone at DavidCo help here? Is there a better way than GTD Connect forum to flag these events to DavidCo?

Thanks, Luca

chris101

Registered
same problem here

Those two episodes are failing for me too (but no problems with other episodes).

cheers,
chris.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Fixed!

Sorry about that. The podcast feed is very particular about how the files need to be named and I added a space by accident in the 14-day file and it didn't like some brackets in the name in the Chris file. So! Please right click on the podcast name, update the podcast, and try to download them again. Should all be working now:

Attached files

Barb

Registered
Kelly solves problems....

Please note Kelly solved that problem at about 6:00 a.m. I'm impressed!

vbampton

Administrator
Barb;99172 said:

I don't think she ever sleeps. Replied to my email on a Sunday too! There's dedication for you!

Barb

Registered
I agree!

vbampton;99173 said:
I don't think she ever sleeps. Replied to my email on a Sunday too! There's dedication for you!

John is the same way. Somehow spam in the public forum disappears on weekends too.

I've noticed that I think of all of you in the Forum as very real people..like I actually KNOW you and we're friends. I call that the "Connect Effect". Maybe it's because this is the only forum I've ever participated in, but when I step back and look at it rationally I kind of shake my head at myself. Does anyone else know what I mean?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Ha ha! I happened to be up because I am flying to Newark today to teach a Mastering Workflow class tomorrow. Although at the moment, I haven't flown anywhere yet as my flight to San Francisco is grounded due to fog.

I do sleep! I love weekends! I swear!

Barb

Registered
Sfo

kelstarrising;99176 said:
Ha ha! I happened to be up because I am flying to Newark today to teach a Mastering Workflow class tomorrow. Although at the moment, I haven't flown anywhere yet as my flight to San Francisco is grounded due to fog.

I do sleep! I love weekends! I swear!

LOVE San Francisco...never EVER flew in or out of that airport without a problem!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Barb;99175 said:
I've noticed that I think of all of you in the Forum as very real people..like I actually KNOW you and we're friends. I call that the "Connect Effect".

The "Connect Effect" -- a perfect description! I hope that our GTD Connect members find this forum to be special, to have a real sense of community. That's our intention.

I don't try to draw an arbitrary line between work and personal. So if I'm emailing my stepmother on Mother's Day, or reading news sites, I may check in on new posts in the forum and delete spam. But I do watch the balance, to make sure I'm not neglecting other areas of focus by spending too much time on spam policing or any other work.

DenaDahilig

Registered
Barb;99175 said:
I've noticed that I think of all of you in the Forum as very real people..like I actually KNOW you and we're friends. I call that the "Connect Effect". Maybe it's because this is the only forum I've ever participated in, but when I step back and look at it rationally I kind of shake my head at myself. Does anyone else know what I mean?

As if I've EVER invited people I've never met to lounge in my hammock next to the pool!!! Nope, not sure how it happened but you all are special.

Dena

CJSullivan

Registered
The "Connect Effect"

Ditto on all counts! I've never participated in a forum - or even felt inclined to - until this one! It's just filled with such seemingly creative, interesting, inquisitive, non-judgmental people! (Yay, us...!):D

Barb

Registered
And so...

CJSullivan;99211 said:
Ditto on all counts! I've never participated in a forum - or even felt inclined to - until this one! It's just filled with such seemingly creative, interesting, inquisitive, non-judgmental people! (Yay, us...!):D

DAC should ask us to write a testimonial blurb about the Connect Effect...get more like-minded, fun people in here.

S-Tolland

Registered
Definitely agree that there is a fantastic community feel on here that is really special. It's made such a difference to my gtd practices to have such a great support group. You're all fab! :D