Thread for tracking forum enhancement requests and bug reports

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

Today we have switched over to new forum software. Please feel free to post any enhancement requests or bug reports in this thread.

Thanks for your forum participation!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
The Top Level Forum Icons could need some more contrast if there are unread posts
I think I see what you mean. Just to confirm, are you saying the forums with unread posts that show bold need some more contrast? To me there is not enough contrast between bold and not bold to indicate unread. Is that how you're seeing it?

patrickkamin

Registered
I think I see what you mean. Just to confirm, are you saying the forums with unread posts that show bold need some more contrast? To me there is not enough contrast between bold and not bold to indicate unread. Is that how you're seeing it?

Strange, earlier the Forum post titles were not bold, but I thought I saw a difference in the icon. Some labels on hovering over the icons indicated that there are unread posts. My bad, but yes, the bold titles also need some more strength if possible. Thanks for all the work, the new Forum looks great!

Oogiem

Registered
I agree on the bold vs not bold being very hard to distinguish

Another bug, more spam showing up, couldn't figure out how to flag it but would like something simple

bcmyers2112

Registered
There seem to be some missing comments. For example, in the thread entitled "Why am i still in the same reacting to (vs. attacking) what needs to get done?" in the "Discuss the GTD Methodology" forum, the last post showing is mine. I know there were some posts after my last one, but they seem to have been lost in the migration. I addition, there was a thread by someone asking about how many items people tended to process per day that also seems to have gone missing.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Strange, earlier the Forum post titles were not bold, but I thought I saw a difference in the icon. Some labels on hovering over the icons indicated that there are unread posts. My bad, but yes, the bold titles also need some more strength if possible. Thanks for all the work, the new Forum looks great!

Got it. We'll work on more contrast.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Moderating my posts? :shock:
We're waiting to see if you post enough so we don't need to moderate you. But seriously...

As Homer Simpson would say, "Doh!" I will review settings and fix this so that you can post unmoderated, because you have obviously earned that right.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
There seem to be some missing comments. For example, in the thread entitled "Why am i still in the same reacting to (vs. attacking) what needs to get done?" in the "Discuss the GTD Methodology" forum, the last post showing is mine. I know there were some posts after my last one, but they seem to have been lost in the migration. I addition, there was a thread by someone asking about how many items people tended to process per day that also seems to have gone missing.

We'll look into this. Clearly we have cleanup to do. Thanks for reporting it.

ArcCaster

Registered
reposting -- this is a suggested enhancement

John Forrister said:

Many years ago I read that yellow on blue is most readable. But that might look a little bit like 90s DOS to us now.

ArcCaster suggests:

as long as we are collecting readable colors -- on my UNIX machines, I have been using 'oldlace' on 'darkblue' for a few decades (alias xterm 'xterm -fg oldlace -bg darkblue) -- this is 'reverse video' and is wonderfully readable and refreshing. Both oldlace and darkblue are a bit 'chaulky', which means great contrast without violent colors.