Time/Design System

• Thread starter Schyulkill.Fire
  • Start date
S

Schyulkill.Fire

Can anyone give me recent annecdotes regarding this system? Everything I can find on it appears old. It seems pricey, and while I know each person needs a system which works for that person, generally speaking, have users found this system to be worth it? Thanks.

hth

Registered
Schyulkill.Fire said:
Can anyone give me recent annecdotes regarding this system? Everything I can find on it appears old. It seems pricey, and while I know each person needs a system which works for that person, generally speaking, have users found this system to be worth it? Thanks.

The materials (leather, paper ...) are good.

I personally have decided not to use Time/System especially because it has no standard hole punching, so I have to buy all equipment from Time or add further holes to use standard binders for storage.

I know of one other person who phased out Time/System mainly because of this reason.

Yours
Alexander

mcogilvie

Registered
hth said:
I personally have decided not to use Time/System especially because it has no standard hole punching, so I have to buy all equipment from Time or add further holes to use standard binders for storage.

I know of one other person who phased out Time/System mainly because of this reason.

Yours
Alexander

Time Design now sells their product in the standard US 7-hole 8.5" x 5.5" format used by Franklin, DayTimer, et cetera.

shan150

Registered
I use the Time/Design forms: activites, billing & accounting, project planners. I also use their databank which is great.

Because I use both my powerbook and treo to keep track of my schedule and contacts I don't need to use their calendar system.

Initially I purchased their outlook companion which is a pretty good system on it own (not to mention cheaper) however, I didn't like the time/design binders. I purchased the Filofax A5 planner at TJ Maxx for $15 and it is perfect for the time/design system (it has the same punch holes as the time/design forms).

To make the most of the system I did purchase the time/design 6 hole punch. Now I can put an 8.5 x11 inch paper into my system for reference if I need to.

Overall, it is a good system but there are a lot of other good systems as well. What I liked about this one was that it has a lot of room for customization.