Todoist question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by kelstarrising, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Alex Hu

Alex Hu Registered

Hi, FrancescoPlli. I have a question for you, if you set up a separate NextActions list and a Project list, how could you assign NextActions to a project? Just curious.

2. FrancescoPlli

FrancescoPlli Registered

Hi Alex,
    i simply write the next action with something that reminds me to which project it is linked to.
    Let's suppose I have a project called: "buy a new printer"
    my next action would be something like: "call John to ask him advices about what model of printer is better for my needs"

I hope it helps :)

3. PeterBulthuis

PeterBulthuis Registered

Hi FrancescoPlli,

But how can you check, during a weekly review, if every project has a next action? Because you only have separate lists and no links between projects and actions.

Peter

4. Alex Hu

Alex Hu Registered

Hi, after trying Todoist for two months, I'm now switching to omnifocus, it's a much simpler tool with derailed setup guide. Thank you very much

5. FrancescoPlli

FrancescoPlli Registered

Hi Peter,
    during my weekly review I first clean my next actions lists then I check my projects list. Doing this I can simply think about what still needs to do. For every project I only need to know where I'm at the moment. It's like a bookmark when I read a book. Nothing more. It is enough for me.

Hope it helps

Longstreet likes this.
  6. gtddoc

gtddoc Registered

Hi Kelly, I found that the "projects" column in todoist is best handled this way (at least for me): use the top-level projects as categories. For me, this is 11 categories. Category 1 is called STANDALONE (answering your question). This category contains all tasks that are not assigned to a specific project. Categories 2-10 are my areas of focus. Category 11 is SOMEDAY/MAYBE. It is easy to add projects underneath these categories.
    Untitled.png