Up Close with David Allen: new chapters in GTD, Fundamentals, fuses, and more

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi GTD Connect members,

We've just posted a new Up Close with David. He goes into some detail about new chapters in the revised edition of Getting Things Done, the Fundamentals courses he'll be delivering in October, and what's he's learned about Van Gogh's painting technique. Around 27:00, David is talking about how the many app and device options for managing lists could cause people to blow their fuse. Right when he says that, you'll hear my glasses case land on the floor with a pop that reminds me of a blowing fuse. It was such a good coincidence that I didn't even try to edit it out.

Here are the video and audio links within GTD Connect, or you can find this Up Close with David in the GTD Connect members-only podcast feed.

Video
https://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/multimedia/video.php?titleid=640&trackid=1265

Audio
https://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=638&trackid=1263

ScottA

Registered
John apparently there is an error in the server somewhere regarding the Up Close episodes. Normally they download just fine using my podcast software. This time there appears to be a format error (?). Just FYI.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ScottA said:
John apparently there is an error in the server somewhere regarding the Up Close episodes. Normally they download just fine using my podcast software. This time there appears to be a format error (?). Just FYI.

Hi Scott, what podcast software are you using?

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ScottA said:
Hi John,
I use Downcast on my iPhone. Thanks!

Hi Scott,

I've been testing this with Downcast on my iPhone. So far okay. Do you get the Threefold Nature of Work podcast, posted on September 13th? I can try re-uploading the Up Close to see if that makes a difference.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi Scott,

Any change in whether this Up Close podcast downloads for you with Downcast? It's working on my iPhone.

Any other GTD Connect members using Downcast who have had issues with this Up Close?