Update on David Gardner (Motley Fool)

rdgeorge

Registered
In recent orders from Davidco, I find little gifts - copies of older In Conversation CD's. Last week (February 2010) I received an order, and in the box was a CD with David's 2006 interview with David Gardner, of Motley Fool fame. I listened to it again, and again found it useful. Here is a link:

https://secure.davidco.com/connect/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=40&trackid=180

I found two areas of the interview particularly interesting. One was David's delimma about having double entries for NA's (once by context in Outlook Tasks and again by project in Outlook memo notes). The other was David's overall use of memo notes in Outlook for general reference purposes. As usual, at the end of the interview, David Allen asked if GTD Connect folks could contact David Gardner, and the answer was "Yes". I figured there was no statute of limitations on this, so I sent him an e-mail over the weekend.

Here, with his permission, is his update:

Yes, many changes since then. In March 2008, I went all Mac for the first time -- it was quite a change for me -- felt disorienting at first -- I can remember not knowing how to page down in a word processing app (there's no PgDn button on Mac). :)

"As a consequence, I went all iPhone as well, and have greatly benefited. I lost confidence that PalmOS had a long-term future, and Windows Mobile was a disaster at the time. I had to shift all my Outlook habits into new places & formats (and I still have many old Palm/Treo notes from Outlook still not copied over). I embraced the cloud with Evernote for notes, and for the past 6 months or so I have fallen in love with -- you guessed it -- OmniFocus. Great program! The single best productivity booster I've ever found. The GTD concepts of knowing your contexts for taking actions, and of "next action," and the weekly review, are all greatly facilitated by OmniFocus -- especially the weekly review, which I wasn't finding very efficient with my old system (as you laid it out)".

This has really gotten me thinking..........

rdgeorge