Waiting-Fors

A

AMS

When you have several "waiting fors" from the same person, what is the best way you have found to organize them? All as separate items, or as one item with a note attached listing each item (e.g. @Waiting For - Jim - see note for specific items)

A

Anonymous

more than one waiting for x

I keep mine separate - then when I am with the person I do the quick scan to prioritise that minute the ones I can do now. Now depends on both of your context & energy levels plus time available.

Also by having all listed without needing to go into note, then v quick.

After session, I can just cross off those completed. Rest are left for next opportunity.

A

Anonymous

Re: more than one waiting for x

I keep them seperate; and a repeat interval. Then when ever they are due; I send a nag email; until it's not a waiting for any-more. The urgency determines the repeat frequency

F

Frank Buck

I keep them seperate. So often, what is on the waiting for list had been an entry on another list (@Calls is a good example). When I have performed my action and the ball moves to the other person's court, I simply change the name of the category to @Waiting For and move on.

aderoy

Registered
Re: Waiting-Fors

AMS said:
When you have several "waiting fors" from the same person, what is the best way you have found to organize them?

I keep them as seperate items.
Or if paper, in a folder with the person's name.

Reason for this, each item may generate one or more outcomes/nextactions, which in turn may need to be tracked etc.