We need your input for a new GTD application

urisv

Registered
Hi everybody,

We are involved in a new project for my university. The project is based on the creation of an on-line application focused on task management, following the GTD philosophy (Getting tings done)(http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTD):

We want to add two complementary functions:

1- Time tracking , to calculate the time dedicated to each task
2-Expand the tools that will allow management of the tasks among the diferent user groups with diferent rols

The ultimate goal of this post is to receive your input about the applications currenty availabe and what they are missing and what would you like to see in a new one. The goal is to come up with a more complete and friendly user application

We thank you in advance for all your comments and valuable input.

Jon Walthour

Registered
If I understand you last statements, you wish to address how to work with GTD collaboratively with regard to time tracking and management oversight. Have you read the paper entitled: "Getting Things Done: The Science behind Stress-free Productivity"? In it, the authors examine why GTD works the way it does from a psychological point of view. They also posit how a collaborative GTD implementation might work in the business world. You may find it interesting. You can find links to it easily via Google.

abhay

Registered
At a group level, you won't want to impose a runway structure on every member, since everybody is different: every member need not even follow GTD practices in their way of working. So the system would keep track of projects, subprojects, who's responsible for what, deadlines, and so on. But I think there are plenty of softwares that are capable of this. Following the GTD principles at a group level is more of a practice than a system. So my question would be what difference do you perceive in the application that you would write and other project management softwares?

Regards,
Abhay

dschaffner

Registered
urisv;65069 said:
The ultimate goal of this post is to receive your input about the applications currenty availabe and what they are missing and what would you like to see in a new one. The goal is to come up with a more complete and friendly user application

Omnifocus is a very complete application, and has a very active user forum where you could troll for ideas. Same for Lifebalance, last time I checked.

Alas, I think the idea of building yet another GTD app, with even more features is doomed to fail. The market is just too full of applications already.

- Don

MsftMan

Registered
Jamaican GTD?

urisv;65069 said:
Hi everybody,
The project is based on the creation of an on-line application focused on task management, following the GTD philosophy (Getting tings done)

Finally! What I have been waiting for... the Jamaican version of Getting Things Done! A more relaxed version of the continental GTD.

"Getting tings done mon..."

Sorry I had to go there... but I couldn't help myself.
:D