What about routines?

• Thread starter Sandervanderheide@mac.com
  • Start date
S

Sandervanderheide@mac.com

I have these chores I do every week when I have time (send some invoices, check a list of websites, do some lessons of a course I am taking).

What do I do with these actions. Schedule them every week or have a list of routine actions?

apinaud

Registered
Sandervanderheide@mac.com said:
I have these chores I do every week when I have time (send some invoices, check a list of websites, do some lessons of a course I am taking).

What do I do with these actions. Schedule them every week or have a list of routine actions?

As everything in this depends....

This is how I do.

I have Monthly Routines, Weekly Routines and Daily Routines.

Daily Routines takes me aroung 30-45 minutes and I just have it as a separate List and try to schedule in my calendar as a moving thing, when I can find a clean place that were it fits. (Ussually it is the first thing in the morning for me)

Weekly and Monthly Routines (This happen only one in a week or a month) I have this in my Weekly Review Folder and are added to my Next Action List everyweek.

I remember that Michael Hyatt (http://michaelhyatt.blogs.com/) has an automatization for daily list...

Good Luck

Borisoff

Registered
I schedule a block of time for daily routines. For me my daily review is a daily routine that includes checking inboxes and completed Next Actions (to make new ones that follow). My rule to schedule everything important and that has hard edges: areas of focus balance, meetings, long one-step tasks that I didn't had time to do through Next Actions approach :)

If daily routine is rather short then you can put it on the calendar as a day-specific event, if it takes time (30 minutes or more) then I think you should schedule.

Eugene.

DoingIt

Registered
I keep track of routines using checklists. This is something that I picked up on my second reading of David Allen's book. I missed it on the first reading, or at least I didn't realize how useful it would be.
I go through my checklists during the Weekly Review.