What is best way to highlight text on a webpage?

Ship69

Registered
Hello

[ I apologize in advance that this is slightly off-topic, but I always get intelligent/thoughtful responses on this forum and TBH, I don't know where else to ask the question! (All suggestions welcome!) ]

I am looking for a low cost tool that lets highlight specific text on that web page for both my own future use AND be able to email on to other people, to draw their attention to specific (highlighted) text. It is important that the receiving people can read the web page and can see what text I have drawn their attention and do without fuss, ideally without having to install anything.

Would I be best to
A. Copy the web page into say msWord (2016), use Word's highlighting tool... and save as a PDF?

B. Do a scrolling 'screen-grab' (e.g. using FSCapture), highlight parts and save again as a PDF

C. Something completely different?

Both A. & B. do work but are rather clunky! What is the more modern way of doing this?

Many thanks

bcmyers2112

Registered
Evernote allows you to clip webpages, which you can then highlight. You can then share the note with others, and they can access it even if they don't use Evernote. Evernote also offers an app called Skitch which allows you to annotate PDFs (and perhaps other types of documents) but I don't use it and therefore don't know much about what it does.