Why isn't all of the audio content available via iTunes?

WAR

Registered
Why is much of the audio content available only within the site media player / or file download? I find the drop down boxes not user friendly to browse the content, and then when I decide to listen, having the audio broken into several clips equally irritating.

Is there not a way to make everything available to download directly into iTunes?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Majority of it is available for download and iTunes

What specifically are you seeing available on the site that is not available through iTunes?

ekmorris

Registered
Managing Projects and Actions webinar, for one

It downloads as a Backlog webinar, for some reason - and it simply doesn't appear under "Podcasts" on iTunes. I can listen to it on my computer, of course, but I'd love to be able to hear it in my car or on the Metro (where I do most of my podcast listening).

Thanks!

Evelyn

WAR

Registered
Kelly, thanks for the quick response!

I do not find iTunes all that user friendly, so I may be doing something wrong . . .

On my iTunes, under my Library / Podcasts, I show "David Allen Company Updates" and "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcasts". I am subscribed to both.

When I go to the Members-Only Podcasts, even if I hit refresh, it only shows me podcasts as far back as 5/7/2010.

Shouldn't there be a way to view ALL GTD podcasts uploaded to the site?

laurac

Registered
Further troubleshooting

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your podcast feed has not been updating. Please contact us at connect@davidco.com or +1-805-646-8432 so that we can troubleshoot this with you in more detail. I'm happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!
Laura

WAR;82655 said:
Kelly, thanks for the quick response!

I do not find iTunes all that user friendly, so I may be doing something wrong . . .

On my iTunes, under my Library / Podcasts, I show "David Allen Company Updates" and "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcasts". I am subscribed to both.

When I go to the Members-Only Podcasts, even if I hit refresh, it only shows me podcasts as far back as 5/7/2010.

Shouldn't there be a way to view ALL GTD podcasts uploaded to the site?

laurac

Registered
Please send a quick email...

Hi Evelyn,

We are looking into this for you. In the meantime, can you please send us a quick email at connect@davidco.com so that we can be in touch as we troubleshoot this?

Thanks so much!
Laura

ekmorris;82654 said:
It downloads as a Backlog webinar, for some reason - and it simply doesn't appear under "Podcasts" on iTunes. I can listen to it on my computer, of course, but I'd love to be able to hear it in my car or on the Metro (where I do most of my podcast listening).

Thanks!

Evelyn

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
What you should be able to podcast

I just looked and the total number of items available to download in the GTD Connect podcast through items is 281. They date back to the start of Connect in May 2006.

So if you don't see 281, or yours don't go back to May 2006, please contact Laura and the support team to troubleshoot it for you. They can be reached at connect@davidco.com.

Not everything you find on the Connect website was or is always created in a podcast format--for a variety of reasons. But we have tried to make the majority of it available for you that way.

Hope this helps!

Popeye

Registered
It´s not 281 at my place

in my iTunes... 271 and the first date is from 2006-0510...

ten missing ???

larea

Registered
audio not in podcast format

kelstarrising;82663 said:
Not everything you find on the Connect website was or is always created in a podcast format--for a variety of reasons. But we have tried to make the majority of it available for you that way.

Hope this helps!

Is there a list of these? Or a way to identify/find them? I NEED THEM ALL!!!! ;)

WAR

Registered
Problem Solved

Laura was very nice to help me . . . with a problem I can't believe I didn't find a solution to on my own.

If you right click on the name of the podcast, a list of options show up. Choosing "Show all available episodes" and hitting refresh instantly gave me access to the entire library.

Hooray!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Is there a list of these? Or a way to identify/find them?

Not easily, sorry! I believe it's some of the earlier stuff that you won't find in the podcast. I've managed Connect since March 2009 and can say about 98% has been created for the Connect player, download link from Connect, and podcast version. There are times when we don't podcast something, like this video that's embedded in an Up Close article: https://secure.davidco.com/connect/upclose.php?id=101

It would take a Herculean resource effort for us to cross reference it all. But I'll noodle on if there's any possible way it could be done.

TesTeq

Registered
Crowdsourcing?

kelstarrising;82730 said:
It would take a Herculean resource effort for us to cross reference it all. But I'll noodle on if there's any possible way it could be done.

Crowdsourcing?

I know that it wouldn't be the "DavidCo way" but I'm sure that some GTD Connect members would be ready to help according to your guidelines.