GTD4T - Getting Things Done for Teens - July 10, 2018

vaughan76

Registered
Am I really the only one who is enthusiastic about the new GTD book? :shock:
Not at all...I'm excited to see the differences they come up with between this and the original. Is it more simplified? I'll be excited to check it out when it drops.

TesTeq

Registered
Not a teen, don't know any teens so no, not particularly useful to me.
I'm not a teen too but I see a great opportunity to use this book in "saving" the next generation of distracted young people. Many of them don't have a clue how to deal with overwhelming world. I believe that GTD4T can help them.

sholden

Registered
I'm looking forward to being able to recommend it and to give it away as a present. I've been giving David's book away to graduating seniors. This might be good for kids leaving Junior High and going to High School.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
I am looking forward to this book as well! You are never too old to learn something. :D

BadHairDay

Registered
I am really looking forward to this book because I am providing math and science coaching as a side job currently, mainly to youths and young university students. I've often wondered how to include some GTD style tips properly targeted to this particular audience. Usually, some part of their issues does arise from suboptimal personal organization and who can really fault them? This stuff is not taught in my experience.

Jodie E. Francis

GTD Novice
I'm not a teen too but I see a great opportunity to use this book in "saving" the next generation of distracted young people. Many of them don't have a clue how to deal with overwhelming world. I believe that GTD4T can help them.
Oh my goodness, yes!

My 14-year-old is already quite organized (perhaps she has a good role model??) and I look forward to giving her the book when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Edited to add:
In a life of endless distraction, it is particularly difficult to step back and think about higher horizons of focus.

The next generation is growing up with distraction devices in their pockets, and I'm worried about how this will influence them as happy self-actualized adults and our future leaders. If we can give them the methods to figure out their values & life goals despite the endless distractions, I'm hopeful it will help prevent them from becoming mindless screen watchers, thirsting for the next social media 'like'.

Last edited:

Jodie E. Francis

GTD Novice
I am really looking forward to this book because I am providing math and science coaching as a side job currently, mainly to youths and young university students. I've often wondered how to include some GTD style tips properly targeted to this particular audience. Usually, some part of their issues does arise from suboptimal personal organization and who can really fault them? This stuff is not taught in my experience.
You're right, for the most part it isn't, at least not as part of our standard curriculum (Canada). We were lucky and in grade 6 my daughter's school offered productivity training as part of a study habits / resiliency program (how to resist peer pressure, deal with failure, prevent procrastination, etc). It only happened because the art teacher had a passion for it, had a counseling background, and was willing to lead the program herself.

Jodie E. Francis

GTD Novice
Actually @TesTeq the way I read the listing on Amazon it does seem to be written for teens. I hope so - otherwise I think DavidCo is missing an opportunity to reach a new market.

Getting Things Done for Teens offers a fresh take on David Allen’s classic by adapting it for the next generation. Framing life as a game to be played, it offers simple methods that teens can use to win.

The essential how-to manual for stress-free productivity, Getting Things Done for Teens will not only help modern kids navigate the unprecedented amount of “stuff” that enters their lives each day, but also give them a set of tools so that they can gain momentum and confidently take on whatever comes their wa
y.​

TesTeq

Registered
More Fantastic news from Amazon!
Not July 10, 2018 but April 12, 2018!
Getting Things Done for Teens: Take Control of Your Life in a Distracting World Kindle Edition
by David Allen,‎ Mike Williams,‎ Mark Wallace
And Amazon kindly apologizes for the "delay"! :-D
Amazon said:
We have received new release date information for the item in the order below. The release date has been changed by the publisher and we want to provide you with the updated release date. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Castanea_d.

Registered
I'm looking forward to this too; I work with a lot of teens (and children), and share Jodie's concerns about the level of distractions. One of our teens has read the "grown-up" version of GTD and applies it, but it will be good to have a version where the context is more oriented to what they face in school and other areas of life as opposed to the implied context of work/business.

TesTeq

Registered
More Fantastic news from Amazon!
Not July 10, 2018 but April 12, 2018!
Getting Things Done for Teens: Take Control of Your Life in a Distracting World Kindle Edition
by David Allen,‎ Mike Williams,‎ Mark Wallace
And Amazon kindly apologizes for the "delay"! :-D
Unfortunately Amazon said that it was just kidding... :-(