Inbox Calendar Reminders

shaun

Registered
Hi,

I have set up my GTD using Trello which I love for keeping things organised. I have created the following lists on my board.

Inbox
Next Actions
Delegated / Waiting for information
Deferred
Projects

If I want to defer something, I simply set the 'Due Date' on the card in my Inbox and drag it over to the Deferred board. It then gets added to my reminders calendar in Google.

My question is where should the calendar reminder be sent? Should it go back to my Trello inbox, or should the reminder go to my gmail inbox? I seem to remember from the book that once something leaves the inbox it shouldn't go back! But having an email reminder seems like I'm just managing 2 inboxes!

I hope this makes sense, look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Folke

Registered
Just send it to your Trello inbox. (Or actually you do not even need to send any reminders at all. Just keep your deferred actions ordered by date in your Deferred column and drag them over to Next Actions when the day arrives. That would be an easy part of your morning routine - almost the same as if you were using paper and a 43-folder tickler file. In core GTD, i.e. "paper GTD", you do in fact put things from the tickler file back in the inbox for processing.)

devon.marie

Registered
I do the same by enabling the Calendar Power-Up in Trello, and use that. My Trello calendar is solely used for items scheduled to be done specifically on that date (versus deadlines which go in my Google Calendar). I check my Google Calendar, then my Trello Calendar each day. Once both are cleared, I work from my Next Actions lists.