Ready? The Best is yet to Come - new webinar with David Allen and Kelly Forrister

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
How aligned are you with what's on your lists? This webinar will give you an opportunity to take a deeper look at what you've agreed to and how aligned it is with the experience you want in 2018.

Thursday, January 18, 2018, 7:00–8:15am Pacific. (A bit early for those of us on the US west coast, but it also allows for those in Europe to attend.)

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
How aligned are you with what's on your lists? This webinar will give you an opportunity to take a deeper look at what you've agreed to and how aligned it is with the experience you want in 2018.

Thursday, January 18, 2018, 7:00–8:15am Pacific. (A bit early for those of us on the US west coast, but it also allows for those in Europe to attend.)
A great topic! Unfortunately, I will be traveling during this time. I hope the recording is posted very soon after the webinar occurs.

Longstreet

Hi John,

Will this be posted soon? I am looking forward to listening!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
When the recording doesn't need much editing, such balancing audio from separate sources, we can usually post it within a couple of days. But I have not yet figured out a way to post the recording ahead of the event. Maybe I should reread a favorite from my childhood, A Wrinkle in Time.

Longstreet

When the recording doesn't need much editing, such balancing audio from separate sources, we can usually post it within a couple of days. But I have not yet figured out a way to post the recording ahead of the event. Maybe I should reread a favorite from my childhood, A Wrinkle in Time.
I guess this professor should tell you about his time warp instrument.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
If you've been following the time warp in this thread, you know that the future is finally here. Today we had a great time in the "Ready? The Best is yet to Come" webinar. Thanks to all who attended live for their questions, answers, comments, and inspiration. We're doing some editing to even out the audio tracks, and hope to post the recording by Saturday.

David Parker

GTD Connect
I couldn’t help being fascinated by what appeared to be David’s @Read pile of books on his left (our right as we looked at the screen). Or maybe it’s another of David’s artistic masterpieces?

Great webinar with lots of provoking thoughts.

Touched a bit by David’s memories of his early GTD days in the 1980s. It was around that time I first came across his work on the internet before it acquired the GTD identity.

Also of note was the reinforcement that none of GTD is mandatory, reminding anyone that struggles with it at times (as David admitted he does) that you can use any of it that’s appropriate to your needs.

Dave

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I couldn’t help being fascinated by what appeared to be David’s @Read pile of books on his left (our right as we looked at the screen). Or maybe it’s another of David’s artistic masterpieces?

That bookshelf has each of the international editions of Getting Things Done.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the webinar.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Ready? It's ready. We've just posted the video and audio-only of yesterday's webinar. You can find them at the top of Latest Activity, and in the webinars panel on the right side of most GTD Connect pages.

TesTeq

Registered
Touched a bit by David’s memories of his early GTD days in the 1980s. It was around that time I first came across his work on the internet before it acquired the GTD identity.
David was on the internet in 1980s? Public commercial use of the Internet began in mid-1989 according to Wikipedia. So he must have been present in some academic or military network.

David Parker

GTD Connect
Maybe it was the 1990's then . . . I was working with Hewlett-Packard at the time and maybe it was on some bulletin board or other such medium

TesTeq

Registered
Maybe it was the 1990's then . . . I was working with Hewlett-Packard at the time and maybe it was on some bulletin board or other such medium
I hope @DavidAllen will consider writing his autobiography. Or maybe Walter Isaacson wil take the challenge. It must be exciting story: 30+ jobs before GTD, travels, lifestyles and experiences of the man who changed so many lives!

Longstreet

I just listened to the webinar recording. This was truly helpful and outstanding! Cheers to Kelly and David!

Suzanna

Registered
i had a HUGE epiphany while listening to this - i have several projects on my list that i just am totally numb to. They are all related to personal finance. I realized that the only reason i have 'gain financial freedom' on my horizons was because Kelly had it on hers! (or someone did) and it really isn't that much of a focus for me. ITS A FAKE HORIZON so no wonder i DONT WANT TO DO THEM. So i'm gonna change it to 'try to start caring more about personal finance' or something like that and really investigate where this is is coming from.