New Member & Things 3 User

Alex@TypeA

Registered
Hi!

Just wanted to say "hello!" to the GTD community - I'm almost done with the book & currently doing an overhaul to convert my life to GTD- it's a lot! Exciting, but also a bit overwhelming at times! And must profess, a bit of nerd when it comes to all this stuff - digital girl, but still love notebooks/journals & pens.

My name is Alex, I have my own marketing firm, Type A, play off my name and personality. We're a full service firm (digital, social, PR, brand, creative) as I want to curate the best programs per client, while providing the best value and efficiency for them. www.linkedin.com/alexskillman

I'm a Mac gal, use Things 3 and AirMail - so please share any tips, I'll do the same! And a few books I'd recommend "You're a Badass" (and Badass at making Money) and "Mindset"

Look forward to getting to know you!

Cheers,
Alex

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi Alex, thanks for letting us know you'd like to see a Things 3 setup guide. It's on our list of potential guides to produce. Welcome to the forum.

Julie_Flagg

Registered
Hi!

Just wanted to say "hello!" to the GTD community - I'm almost done with the book & currently doing an overhaul to convert my life to GTD- it's a lot! Exciting, but also a bit overwhelming at times! And must profess, a bit of nerd when it comes to all this stuff - digital girl, but still love notebooks/journals & pens.

My name is Alex, I have my own marketing firm, Type A, play off my name and personality. We're a full service firm (digital, social, PR, brand, creative) as I want to curate the best programs per client, while providing the best value and efficiency for them. www.linkedin.com/alexskillman

I'm a Mac gal, use Things 3 and AirMail - so please share any tips, I'll do the same! And a few books I'd recommend "You're a Badass" Badass at making Money) and "Mindset"

Cheers,
Alex
Hi!

I'm a Mac gal, use Things 3 and AirMail - so please share any tips, I'll do the same! And a few books I'd recommend "You're a Badass" (and Badass at making Money) and "Mindset"

Cheers,
Alex
Hi!

Cheers,
Alex

Julie_Flagg

Registered
Welocme to GTD and the Forums - you are in for a real treat- a great learning experience. I am an older physician turned back to paper list manager about 5 years ago after many ventures into electronic lists- still barely on track but with in boxes close to zero. weekly reviews happening and getting things done that matter to me. It is a great approach,amd you meet fascinating people and get to observe how they handle the challenges that they are meeting. Stick with it , it works and you will sleep better. Sometimes the beauty of GTD is apparent when disaster strikes- you will find yourself on an even keel with a functioning gtd platform. It keeps you focused on what you determined is important. Looking forward to hearing what is working for you.

John Ismyname

Registered
Great to know you Alex! If I were to impart only one piece of GTD experience, it would be commit to a weekly review on a specific date . Saturday works well for me. Write down in your journal what went well and what you will improve! Once you do this, you are a GTD veteran!

Julie_Flagg

Registered
I like sunday afternoon for weekly review after a saturday clean up (inboxes to zero) - Monday night to get in boxes back to zero.
If I do the weekly review and have my physical inbox to zero, I feel set. It is like putting my cell phone in the tupperware box and sliding it in the door pocket in the car (out of reach) and fastening my seat belt before I start the car- I am good to go- I am set. I can start without a seatbelt and I can talk on the cell phone when I am driving, but that no longer works for me. It is about safety and being able to sleep at night. An overflowing inbox makes me queasy. Get the IN box empty and do the weekly review and you will be set. Again I am a paper person- I love paper and pen , so it has inherent pleasure and satisfaction for me. I suspect digital people would like something more digital- just find what works for you and settle on it- beware trying to find the perfect system be it Omnifocus, Evernote, things- watch out if you are going from one system to another to another (a huge time/commitment cost) the point is getting those things done that you have determined are important for you. Persist and enjoy!