GTD in 10 "Moves" - The New Approach in "The GTD Workbook"

John,
Thanks for pointing out this article. Yes, David talks about “the play you are making” and refers to “being in the game.” I got caught up in the piece. He continues, “As any performance race driver will tell you, coasting is the most dangerous behavior. You have to stay involved... You must play. You have to get in the game you’re in.”

This reminds of the “In the Arena” speech by Theodore Roosevelt, which I included below. I cringed at the focus on "the “man who” and had to include the woman who" with ( )s.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man (or woman) who points out how the strong man (or woman) stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man (or woman!) who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself (or herself) in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he (or she) fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his (or her) place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Wow! I love this quote! So poetic! And noble and inspiring and true! And Brandon thank you for inserting women into the picture. So very important to recognise we are humans too who take on the great challenges of life!

arjanbroere

GTD Connect
Probably in the book but the Desired Outcome of the user of the workbook? Just as a way to immediately use GTD moves

Dealing with interruptions and the threefold nature of work?

Reviewing with others and beyond ground level and horizon 1?

tapdogs

Registered
I just ordered "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity" by David and Brandon on amazon.com. Too bad I have to wait until Sept 3rd to read it. :(

TesTeq

Registered
I just ordered "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity" by David and Brandon on amazon.com. Too bad I have to wait until Sept 3rd to read it. :(
It's great that David and Brandon have managed to reduce the number of moves to stress-free productivity from 15 to 10! :cool:

ERJ1

Jedi Master
9/3 is my birthday! It will be an exciting gift from me to me!

mcogilvie

Registered
Do you see anything missing from the proposed table of contents for the GTD Workbook? Any improvements to the titles of chapters? We want the content to be seen as accessible, direct, and practical.

You need a chapter on common problems and how to handle them. The framework is clear, but dealing with post-exposure problems is big.

Last edited:

TesTeq

Registered
You need chapter on common problems and how to handle them. The framework is clear, but dealing with post-exposure problems is big.
I'm sure there will be the next workbook: "Getting Things Done Best Practices: 7 Moves to Stress-Free Life". :cool:

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
Because the workbook will be called The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity, we have changed the 15 to 10 in the title of this thread.

mcogilvie

Registered
Because the workbook will be called The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity, we have changed the 15 to 10 in the title of this thread.

We've seen this sort of thing before. It was originally the 15 commandments, on three tablets. But one of the tablets broke early on.

TesTeq

Registered
We've seen this sort of thing before. It was originally the 15 commandments, on three tablets. But one of the tablets broke early on.
Shouldn't it be 7 steps? (George A. Miller has discovered that we've got only 7 ± 2 short-term memory cells...)

mcogilvie

Registered
Shouldn't it be 7 steps? (George A. Miller has discovered that we've got only 7 ± 2 short-term memory cells...)

I think it is 12 steps and 7 habits. I have maybe 8 registers when I’m in 64-bit mode, so 4 in 128-bit mode. Apple says I need to be upgraded to use the next version of MacOS.

Steffen

Registered
I can't wait to see what the moves are called! I will probably mumble to my self "I really need to take as step up right now" if that is what the weekly review is called and so forth!

apopp99

Registered
Don’t call it a ‘playbook’ or ‘plays’. Playbook doesn’t mean anything to the 96% of the worlds population who are not from North America, and plays are things that were written by William Shakespeare ;-)

TesTeq

Registered
Don’t call it a ‘playbook’ or ‘plays’. Playbook doesn’t mean anything to the 96% of the worlds population who are not from North America, and plays are things that were written by William Shakespeare ;-)
The book is not called "playbook". You can easily check it on Amazon.
96% you say. Could you please provide the source of this claim?