No Omnifocus Alternative

Gary Ryno

Registered
I use MyLifeOrganized. You may want to check it out. It's not the prettiest but it's more powerful than omnifocus... IMO

Ger80C

Registered
I was exploring Omnifocus 3: there is no equivalent software for windows...

If you like Omnifocus and use it on ios on your mobile devices, you can use a web interface on any Computer. They are adding more and more features to this web version. It still lacks custom perspectives but that is on their development roadmap.

alevici

Registered
If you like Omnifocus and use it on ios on your mobile devices, you can use a web interface on any Computer. They are adding more and more features to this web version. It still lacks custom perspectives but that is on their development roadmap.
I have a long e-mail exchange with Omnifocus support Team and they unfortunately told that the development plan of the web version does not include any big improvement for the next years (no search,no prospective and attachment) and it's not intended to become a duplicate of the Mac version. I use mobile devices but the thing i like is great capabilities Omnifocus has on Mac

Ger80C

Registered
I have a long e-mail exchange with Omnifocus support Team and they unfortunately told that the development plan of the web version does not include any big improvement for the next years (no search,no prospective and attachment) and it's not intended to become a duplicate of the Mac version. I use mobile devices but the thing i like is great capabilities Omnifocus has on Mac

That is disappointing news. They may have changed their development roadmap. I agree that the web version is not a feature complete full web copy and personally I would refrain from using OF then.

Tobias Mueller-Zielke

Certified GTD Trainer & Coach
I can highly recommend the outlook implementation on Windows as shown in the GTD Guides. Only works well on Windows though, you can forget about the Mac version, as the QuickStep functionality is what makes it powerful. Regrettably, that one doesn't exist in Mac Outlook.
Due to the full and automatic synchronization with MS ToDo in Office 365, it's clearly my favorite!
Smartphone-wise, I'm clearly on the Android side, so OmniFocus never was an option, although it's definitely great for Apple-only folks.

alevici

Registered
I can highly recommend the outlook implementation on Windows as shown in the GTD Guides. Only works well on Windows though, you can forget about the Mac version, as the QuickStep functionality is what makes it powerful. Regrettably, that one doesn't exist in Mac Outlook.
Due to the full and automatic synchronization with MS ToDo in Office 365, it's clearly my favorite!
Smartphone-wise, I'm clearly on the Android side, so OmniFocus never was an option, although it's definitely great for Apple-only folks.
I used your system with Outlook and To Do when I started my experience with GTD. It's very effective in the interaction with Outlook and had a very useful the possibility to attach any kind of file.
But To Do has 2 major issue for me:
1) it had issue in tag search showing completed task mixed to the other.
2) it doesn't offer a project functionality. Other software solve the issue offering the possibility to use powerful filters but here To DO also falls short.

If they will fix this i will jump on board again

You should look back into OmniFocus for the web. I believe the URL is test.OmniFocus.com? They have added perspectives to the web version and while it is in beta right now, it is very stable and available to test.

Dave Edwards

Registered
I’d suggest you give Nirvana a chance. Some other programs seem overbuilt to me and require lots of maintenance on the users part. Ive been able to successfully implement the basics of GTD on Nirvana. Nice. And. Simple.

(not a paid endorsement...just a fan).

criniera

Registered
I've started to use Nirvana from some days (pro version with scheduling and repetitive task) and it seems perfect, it only lacks 2 things (in my opinion)
- possibility to add attachments to tasks
- integration with google calendar only works (and only in read only mode) from android app, not from web interface

Search it on google as Nirvana GTD or you will messed up with the music group and zen things.
They've no windows software, but the web application is thinked for desktop use and is really well done.

I'm also curios if someone else is using Nirvana if in the long run there are some drawbacks.