David Allen's In Conversation series

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
We put a fantastic summary together of all of David Allen's In Conversation interviews. If you're new to GTD Connect or this series, I highly recommend tapping into this incredible resource. Here is the summary, as of May 2011:

Any of you have a favorite interview? If so, why that one?

Attached files image_690.pdf (105 KB) 

Barb

Registered
Favorites

My three favs are:

Randy Fullhart: Incredibly smart man; I loved the peek into how Sr. military leadership is trained; "situational awareness" is my mantra! Every time I hear of a military success, I think of Randy too (and we had a BIG one lately!)

Dr. Maude Dull: What a stressful job this woman has and what a great advocate for using GTD in an out-of-the-ordinary setting. If I'm sick, I want this woman taking care of me!

Meghan Wilker: Makes me feel like I can do anything!

I listen to ALL of the In Conversations more than once, but these three are my special favorites.

hwend

Registered
Favorites

Thank you for putting this together. A great overview and as Barb I continue to re-listen to all of them. Always something else to learn.

My favorites:

Alan Nelson: Some great learnings about communication styles and the right channels to use depending on what you want to communicate

Ismael Ghalimi: Interesting implementation approach of GTD. All in the cloud.

WAR

Registered
Kelly,

The pdf summary is a great way to be able to scan the list for subject matter. Is there any way to bring that functionality to the actual web-page listing of the conversations? Opening each one to read the content isn't very easy. Keep up the good work!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Is there any way to bring that functionality to the actual web-page listing of the conversations?

I'll see what I can do! It's a dynamic page with all content tagged "In Conversation" but there may be a way we can incorporate some of this text.

BjornLjunggren

Registered
Paul Saffo, Marshall Goldsmith, Dave Logan

Great List! These comes to my mind:
Paul Saffo - Interactivity is what defines the Creator

Marshall Goldsmith!
Every decision in the world is made by the person who has the power to make the decision - not the "right" person, or the "smartest" person, or the "most qualified" person, and in most cases not you. If you influence this decision maker, you will make a positive difference. If you do not influence this person, you will not make a positive difference. Make peace with this. You will have a better life :D

Dave Logan: WHG
What do we WANT
What do we HAVE
What are we GOING to do

jmcg7389

Registered
Frequency of In Conversation Series

In past years we as Connect members could expect 8 In Conversation podcasts from David annually. Has that number been reduced? There have been just two so far this year (Patty Seybold and Russell Bishop), and half the year is almost gone.

Jim

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Jim,

We announced a shift in the In Conversation series last fall from 8 to 6 per year and added to the number of webinars and other content David does for members.

The 3rd In Conversation for this year with Jason Levin will be releasing any day now. It's at the fulfillment center now!

Kelly