10-minute tasks

KW7

Registered
Thought this might be helpful to others: I have a "10 minute" tag that I use for home and work related items. It's nice to quickly search my Evernote list by clicking on that tag so I can use the small amount of time before a meeting (at work) or similar free moments at home to get something done but not get stuck in a longer task that I'll have to leave incomplete.

For home, I have been paralyzed many times because I know I need to be working on something but don't know where to start due to the small time window before dinner or before leaving to pickup one of my kids. The 10-minute tag helps me knock some things out, feel productive, and motivates me to tackle some of the bigger items when I have time.

John Ismyname

Registered
In using MS-Outlook as my GTD platform, I can pull up a view that has all of my current tasks listed by the estimated task duration I have specified. I work from home so 80% of my tasks are geographically in and around my house so if I have as little as five spare minutes, I can knock of a task. As GTD requires you to define the task by its next action, it's easy to scan this list for quick tasks.