5 ways to get more out of your Connect membership

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Here are 5 great ways to get more out of your Connect membership:

1. Go through the Getting Started Series to fine tune your GTD system. You can run through all 16 in order, bounce around, or do one a week for the next 4 months.

2. The Weekly Review is the critical success factor. Get a friendly email reminder and inspiring quote from David Allen sent to your Inbox. Update your Connect profile to set the day to receive your Weekly Review email.

3. Watch a two-minute video of David Allen. Change the Category to "Inspiration" to see 9 great, short videos of David on essential GTD topics.

4. Post a question to the Forum. Don't worry that you've put it in the wrong category. We would rather have people post to the Forum than not at all! It's a great place to share with other GTDers.

5. Take the GTD-Q to see how you're doing with your Control + Perspective. It's situational, not a one-time assessment of who you are. Your results will show you your strengths and improvement opportunities given what's currently going on for you.

12hourhalfday

Registered
Thanks Kelly! I would like to add

Search the forum

When I was a new member I found this incredibly helpful as I found tons of discussions on topics I was very interested in and questions answered I was primed to ask.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Getting Started & Free Trial

I highly recommend that anyone signing up for a free trial of Connect do item #1 first. I'll bet you'd get a lot of permanent members.

- Mark

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks guys

I think that Getting Started Series is a diamond on the rough. Lots of good nuggets there.

There are two different Forums you will see when doing a Search: GTD Connect (Members only) and the David Allen Company Public Forums (free to all). If you are looking for a response from me or our staff, the Connect Forum would be the place to post that please.

The Connect Member Forums are:
Social Networking Lounge
Member Success Stories
Content & Features
GTD Tips & Tricks
Favorite Quotes
Favorite Checklists
GTD & Education
GTD and your colleagues
Polls, Data, Statistics

The DAC Public Forums are:
Getting Things Done
Gear, Gadgets, Software & Toys

Here's how to use Forum Search, which will display results from both the Connect & Public Forums:

Attached files

12hourhalfday

Registered
kelstarrising;65301 said:
I think that Getting Started Series is a diamond on the rough. Lots of good nuggets there.

There are two different Forums you will see when doing a Search: GTD Connect (Members only) and the David Allen Company Public Forums (free to all). If you are looking for a response from me or our staff, the Connect Forum would be the place to post that please.

The Connect Member Forums are:
Social Networking Lounge
Member Success Stories
Content & Features
GTD Tips & Tricks
Favorite Quotes
Favorite Checklists
GTD & Education
GTD and your colleagues
Polls, Data, Statistics

The DAC Public Forums are:
Getting Things Done
Gear, Gadgets, Software & Toys

Here's how to use Forum Search, which will display results from both the Connect & Public Forums:

This post really needs to be sticky.

TesTeq

Registered
Great Forum Search function!

kelstarrising;65301 said:
Here's how to use Forum Search, which will display results from both the Connect & Public Forums

Thank you, Kelly, for pointing out the importance and usefulness of the Forum Search function.

Many beginner's and advanced questions have been answered already. There were also many discussions about the most controversial GTD topics. This forum is a huge knowledge base built by GTD users.

In my opinion the most productive way of using GTD forum it to search it first. Ask a question only if the answer cannot be found.

dschaffner

Registered
TesTeq;65412 said:
In my opinion the most productive way of using GTD forum it to search it first. Ask a question only if the answer cannot be found.

Another really productive tip for using the forums is to bookmark the "new posts" link:

http://www.davidco.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

When you return to the forum using this link you will see only new posts. Clicking on the check marks in the thread column will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

A second tip is to subscribe to new posts using an RSS reader.