A False Dilemma: Daily processing time – zero-ing IN or the Weekly Review?

Which is more important: Daily processing time – zero-ing IN or the Weekly Review?

• Daily processing time – zero-ing IN

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Weekly Review

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

gtdstudente

Registered
Ahh, so you’re giving me room to think, but all i can come up with is tumbleweed-pretty much sums me up!
DKPhoto,

Expressing more generally, sometimes tumbleweeds here

Welcome to life's random 'curve balls''?

GTD makes for a good 'curve ball' Catcher / Hitter?

Last edited:

gtdstudente

Registered
For what it's worth, the colors and ellipses make it much, much harder for me to read your posts.
Gardener,

Thank you very much for your much, much easier to read GTD posts and please continue to GTD generously posts just as you have expressed

Most GTD appreciated

Thank you very much

GTD peace

Last edited:

mcogilvie

Registered
I track frequency, mainly. For exercise, I track the frequency, but I log my workouts separately, which is something I have done for years. For dates, I track frequency and content. For my savings rate, I track the dollar amount and percentage. Does that make sense?
It makes sense, but it does not appeal to me at all. I tried similar quantitative tracking years ago, and found it unhelpful and perhaps even detrimental. I find that the more subtle cues I get from regular review of my horizons of focus to be sufficient. But to each his own.

topshelf

Registered
It makes sense, but it does not appeal to me at all. I tried similar quantitative tracking years ago, and found it unhelpful and perhaps even detrimental. I find that the more subtle cues I get from regular review of my horizons of focus to be sufficient. But to each his own.
I understand. I’ve tried many ways to track items, and my current iteration seems to be the best fit for me and has been helpful. It doesn’t feel like extra work or detrimental.

Focusing on fewer but better items and finding a simple way to track them have made a difference.

Last edited:

Oogiem

Registered
Also a 'visualist' on this end and agree the the advantage of habitual knowing what the All/Life-Encompassing previously expressed colors represent: Areas-of-Focus colors represent in General: Divine, Persons, Engineering (Obstacles), Tools/Utilities, and Fiscal and in Particular: A's (Acceptance, Accuracy, Awareness, etc.), Healthy, Toxic, Props, Provisions
And that's where you totally lose me. I am most definitely NOT visual. I can't stand dark mode, where the colors are glaring and harsh and the dark background is painful to look at. The combination impairs my understanding of the meaning. Even here in the nice clean grays I can see and understand but your colors stop and are harsh and I get stuck and can't even read the meaning what you are saying/typing.

In addition to often omitting end points (periods), the use of ellipsis's . . . is to facilitate/slow-down cognitive processing, etc., while the omission of periods is to express a definitive conclusion(s) remains open. . . .
To me ellipsis's do not slow down cognition, they stop it completely, make me try to figure out what the heck you consider important and give my brain no place to rest like a period does.

I've just spent almost 30 minutes trying to figure out how to explain the problem I have with your posts, because I want to hear what you say but your delivery overshadows any useful information for me.

gtdstudente

Registered
And that's where you totally lose me. I am most definitely NOT visual. I can't stand dark mode, where the colors are glaring and harsh and the dark background is painful to look at. The combination impairs my understanding of the meaning. Even here in the nice clean grays I can see and understand but your colors stop and are harsh and I get stuck and can't even read the meaning what you are saying/typing.

To me ellipsis's do not slow down cognition, they stop it completely, make me try to figure out what the heck you consider important and give my brain no place to rest like a period does.

I've just spent almost 30 minutes trying to figure out how to explain the problem I have with your posts, because I want to hear what you say but your delivery overshadows any useful information for me.
Oogiem,

Clearly some like colors and some prefer gray as their premier color [its been said that black contains all colors]; life in a concrete city or being free as a bee in the open colorful country; why would anyone choose the former?

Is it GTD acceptable to you [your permission respectfully requested or denied kindly awaited] for others to suitably use ellipsis's, and other 'tools' available herein, to slow themselves down?

If anything else expressed has caused you any GTD concern, then please be assured your GTD concern is a mutual GTD concern.
Thank you very GTD much

Meanwhile, if it pleases your GTD peace: Piano piano se va lontano
While others have the right to disagree, the preferred idiomatic translation for this particular Italian idiomatic expression could be:
'Those who go slow go far in good health'

If there is something requiring clarification, perhaps you also agree asking for particular clarification can help clarify?

As you GTD see fit

Thank you very GTD much

GTD peace

Ps. As an extended GTD courtesy, please realize every GTD pleasure possible regarding this post reply for you in particular that color has been respectfully limited to your preferred gray, without use of "bold" to spare you of any "pain," and all ellipsis's omitted in the respectful peaceful GTD hope of meeting your GTD standards nor undermining any GTD values you seemingly deem as nonnegotiable and very GTD important.
As having attempted to convey, thank you very much for this GTD opportunity

Last edited:

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
I track frequency, mainly. For exercise, I track the frequency, but I log my workouts separately, which is something I have done for years. For dates, I track frequency and content. For my savings rate, I track the dollar amount and percentage. Does that make sense?
Sure - thanks!

To me, this would be kind of an inventory of what and how much - almost like a streak. To your initial question regarding choosing one or the other, I would still opt for the weekly review. As a matter of fact I DO track it, in form of setting these as appointments with myself in the calendar (as opposed to having it as a recurring event). Anyway, as the weekly review seems to be a hard habit to establish for some people, it makes more sense to me to track this than the emptying of inboxes.

I would definitely ask myself for what purpose I would track one or the other, and establishing a habit could be one. To me, it's way more crucial to do a weekly review once a week than having some items laying in an inbox for more than 48 hours...

Last edited:

schmeggahead

Registered
To me, it's way more crucial to do a weekly review once a week than having some items laying in an inbox for more than 48 hours...
This resonates with me. I can go quite a bit of time with things in one particular inbox or another. The one thing that is really a part of the weekly review is something I picked up from the Meg Edwards guided weekly review: during the weekly review when your INs aren't at zero, schedule time in the upcoming calendar to clear them out. That's actually part of the weekly review: to manage INs (not necessarily clarify them all).

For more on how to handle when your INs don't get emptied, the session on backlog can help:

Hope this helps

Clayton.
I love my GTD system; everything is hidden until I need it. - Caroline Clark

Gardener

Registered
Clearly some like colors and some prefer gray as their premier color [its been said that black contains all colors]; life in a concrete city or being free as a bee in the open colorful country; why would anyone choose the former?
I like colors. I like patterns. I like stripes and herringbone and polka dots and paisley. But I don't like words and sentences and paragraphs in colors, stripes, herringbone, polka dots, or paisley. The primary function of letters and words and paragraphs is communication, and adding decoration to them reduces the communication.

gtdstudente

Registered
I like colors. I like patterns. I like stripes and herringbone and polka dots and paisley. But I don't like words and sentences and paragraphs in colors, stripes, herringbone, polka dots, or paisley. The primary function of letters and words and paragraphs is communication, and adding decoration to them reduces the communication.
Gardener,

Thank you very much for your increased communication

Are you making it clear that you are uninterested in colored comics [happy], comic books, serious book covers, invitations, greeting cards, internet, etc.?

Thank you for extending your GTD kindness in seemingly expressing your nonnegotiable reading preferences, thank you very much

GTD peace

Last edited:

Gardener

Registered
Are you making it clear that you are uninterested in colored comics [happy], comic books, serious book covers, invitations, greeting cards, internet, etc.?
I'm uninterested in blocks of text--more than a dozen words or so--that are decorated to the extent that they're hard to read.

(Internet? Most blocks of text on the internet are the same color, font, and size.)

Oogiem

Registered
Clearly some like colors and some prefer gray as their premier color [
No Some prefer clarity in written communication. Colors interspersed hide the details and make it harder to read.

BTW I live on a farm and as a farmer I deal with nature in all the raw and sometimes heartbreaking reality daily. I have colors of nature in my face every single hour of my waking time. My computer is an oasis of calm and I like it sedate and controlled and easy on the eyes.

It's also a function of age. I started with CRTs and the neon colors of orange and green and white and it's physically painful to have too much color when trying to read text.

gtdstudente

Registered
I'm uninterested in blocks of text--more than a dozen words or so--that are decorated to the extent that they're hard to read.

(Internet? Most blocks of text on the internet are the same color, font, and size.)
Gardener,

With all due respect and as you see GTD fit, you are GTD respectfully encouraged, of course without telling you or any other GTDer what to do, to please be GTD encouraged to *o n l y* read and write what best GTD suits you unless your somehow suggesting GTD is a 'cult' opportunity? [Strike-through vs. ellipsis in the humble hope of appropriately GTD satisfying you] thank you very much

GTD peace

Last edited:

gtdstudente

Registered
No Some prefer clarity in written communication. Colors interspersed hide the details and make it harder to read.

BTW I live on a farm and as a farmer I deal with nature in all the raw and sometimes heartbreaking reality daily. I have colors of nature in my face every single hour of my waking time. My computer is an oasis of calm and I like it sedate and controlled and easy on the eyes.

It's also a function of age. I started with CRTs and the neon colors of orange and green and white and it's physically painful to have too much color when trying to read text.
Oogiem,

With all due respect and as you see GTD fit, you are GTD respectfully encouraged, of course without telling you or any other GTDer what to do, to please be GTD encouraged to *o n l y* read and write what best GTD suits you unless your somehow suggesting GTD is a 'cult' opportunity? [Strike-through vs. ellipsis in the humble hope of appropriately GTD satisfying you] thank you very much

GTD peace

Last edited:

dermzcont

Registered
I believe that it may be because I am a photographer, so a visual person. A strong visual will often have contrast and/or patterns. I think my brain sees your use of colour before it sees anything else, so is trying to interpret the colour not the words.

gtdstudente

Registered
I believe that it may be because I am a photographer, so a visual person. A strong visual will often have contrast and/or patterns. I think my brain sees your use of colour before it sees anything else, so is trying to interpret the colour not the words.
dermzont,

Perfect, another good reason for using "Focused Productivity Colors" . . . literally eliminates unnatural word reading vs. an 'intuitive' colorization comprehension

Example: Appropriately engaged even when washing a dish . . . the colors Red-&-Blue nano-flash vs. the following lengthier words grounded in current reality: Washing/Healthy/Person [me] Dish/Tool/Prop/Utility

What's not to GTD Love?

Thank you GTD very much!

Ps. Seeing effortless "Focused Productivity Colors" throughout the day encourages one to be more resilient through appropriate healthy/invigorating 'dopamine-fixes' without excesses?

Last edited:

DKPhoto

Registered
@dermzcont You seem to have copied and pasted something i said earlier in this thread, but without making a comment. What’s your input?