A template for 3x5 Index Cards

U

Unregistered

I recently bought some 67# card stock 8.5x11 paper for printing some pre-made 3x5 templates I found. This has worked out great. I would like to develop some other custom cards and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a 4-card-per-page template (preferrably Microsoft Word). You replicate the content of your card four times on the page and then save the template as your master and print the cards whenever you want. For example, I've designed a daily exercise and diet card that I want to include in my stack. TIA

MsftMan

Registered
You are probably not going to find this. However check web sites like Avery or Dennison for templates for their paper products. What you will have to do is create your own template in Word in landscape mode to fit the four cards. If the content of one card will be the same for the other three on the sheet, then you'd use the label setup in Word to cerate your template.

Check the Microsoft Office web site and see what they ahve online for free training concerning templates.

S

spectecGTD

I generate a variety of forms for use in my work.
The layout varies so much that no template really works well for me. Instead, I just develop the form in an Excel spreadsheet and when I want multiple forms on the same sheet I just enter cell references to duplicate the original on the same sheet. It helps to use a different-color background for the master so you can distinguish it from the replicated forms when doing more than one on the same sheet.

U

Unregistered

MsftMan - I created a custom label in MS that is 3x5 2-down and 2-across. Just replicate the content of my card and saved the doc. Works like a champ. THANKS!

MsftMan

Registered
SUPER! Very glad it worked out for you. The odd thing about so many software programs is where to find solutions. The last thing a person might think about for a template is labels. Pat yourself on the back, job well done!