accountable, or keep a record of myself actually to study and implement the GTD methodology.

How does a person improve reading skill with neurological disorder

• They try harder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They get a coach

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
getting things done

Day one on 21/10

I have an idea of using a post on the public forum - to try to actually keep myself accountable, or keep a record of myself actually to study and implement the GTD methodology.

Because its basically happened for the last week I basically felt like I really haven’t been trying to spend time with GTD as I should.

Plan

mail with John forrister @John Forrister (or could tag on website) - show where replied yourself about doing topic of trying doing physical gathering task.

Should give some description of what literally did (showing the e-mail picture?) that just used two small plastic in-trays put stuff out which would fit in them into your room.

Maybe try worth updating John in E-mail and sort of part- share part of yourself how is thinking that you are not completely sure how actually beneficial doing type of mind sweep exercise has been - with way that I have done it by using folded a4 piece of paper (A5 paper) to write a concept/idea on.

- will be able to use forum thread - to write records of your activity.

Purpose

Motivate yourself do what initially had thought off with initial reading.

Could literally write the words in the forum post.
1697883498910.png

Description of the picture above: I was trying to explain type of task in book "physical gathering" to my mother in e-mail

John Wrote to me in that e-mail thread "Regarding your physical space and equipment, I would say to do the best you can and not hold yourself to too high a standard about making your workspace exactly like David Allen’s. We all have different amounts of space available, amounts to spend on space and equipment, and types of work to do. You can consider what you read and see as options to consider, and not necessarily as workspaces to copy exactly. Again, do the best you can and that is plenty good enough."

I was sharing - feel like - I was just shown type of video of allen where he shows his in-tray, - and his set up with in-tray looks much better than mine.

AM67uIM0goXYdz48EkDsNmy4I39uByEfCcgDbR1ZakCLAH3iu7jsVC72CGWroiBptQF5WulXcwmU8f7cFK3Yd0V79E7yDyp7y4OjmUaGvr5iLxgSlVHw7HjM04AsPFBDsAQMB2EIiV_bu_wEIQqhQLmzsFRfs1BM3vqHYEpV58AoyayPNEAmYwkwT3qJRi6yeYouiygSIBzO5XD1vWLrj9K37t3yn0fya2xfDgb6THBtvSpYymjteVt6djWWG776EnTz1UeFlr7Ze4zucQaJqtk3kg2n0mH0MQXdL7-OZQAyV2c1B3UO5ViNI4PjV_gbDNds68HpI_nTd_s6235yZQDAwMcETxwf0Y5AG-E8leK6kw-QgmuDOqoAT96qolepxTAOSrNdqeAZAGKYVmVgz_WFxU08UGGVtHHW9GFirp5hl3jkXNAC3l7QNAYUGTpDxLxm2STRV0bXFQigDHIBT5fGVhF623NfR-hsh6W-5jY2dd5VVrBeZ20RBW-Q_w2Y7ZtrQhcAJYzY6p4OUMiaoiDZt9HrlBwHODJTE3zGARqsHEOSMiYdQM3_omqjrpPGXbP5d3gqihvtxlWd-1bJMRfaf9ZP5Cy7y_9BV6e7H1ZwrkTZkqrhhOPpIZ3nPNjidMcK8Ostux9l5Qmz-D7BthIr-My-u8nKOUc2QaLZkTWy6nZhTvdP_WhgM_N1ZzZqenx4sO6PiCcZxpGKA0G989xiqBgRHDLehxqCv-PyT7_BFzQFKGfjpzEeG_-VxnVksM69EbEDgdpU3z8Go1ZdPkm-FKtIrSWALQviP9Wnt7KwOMd0aVBwuW0nFt-SW1ZdgEteyLcS1aqoZ5tKJO7Xl0iDLn3XW2XEF31BVA6IdE6nvKMjYlH3IrJvtQmIqWOgSaAQuEhMDXxdBko-8G-8x0pWcYC7KC2HZb5ePRUlX9iQAlU-A1m_lMqSWC9s3GMb1vMR6J2rWAWA5G8W2XpxYywGeCG-26CyGTzSd6372KrDRbNz0boyCseqNtGT0AIn8qLRU6hc5Jc2bRctR2J_V4E=s0-l75-ft

:l

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
Hi, TimBourne,

I think it's great that you're learning from all the information David Allen has made available to us. I like the comments by John Forrister. That is good advice. Do the best you can, and that's all that's needed.

I've been learning recently that there is no right way to do GTD. We all have different situations and needs, so our GTD system will be unique to us. So give something a try, and see how that fits, and if it doesn't work for you, try something else.

One of the things I have been learning is that it is important for my GTD system to attract me. The idea is that if I create a system that attracts me, I will be more likely to use it, and of course I need to use it to get its benefits of stress-free productivity and mind like water. So feel free to have fun and create a system that attracts you as you go along this path.

I've found a lot of useful information and support here in the GTD Forum. I also recommend the GTD Focus videos by the GTD coaches that you can watch on YouTube.

Best wishes on your GTD journey.

Hi, TimBourne,

I think it's great that you're learning from all the information David Allen has made available to us. I like the comments by John Forrister. That is good advice. Do the best you can, and that's all that's needed.

I've been learning recently that there is no right way to do GTD. We all have different situations and needs, so our GTD system will be unique to us. So give something a try, and see how that fits, and if it doesn't work for you, try something else.

One of the things I have been learning is that it is important for my GTD system to attract me. The idea is that if I create a system that attracts me, I will be more likely to use it, and of course I need to use it to get its benefits of stress-free productivity and mind like water. So feel free to have fun and create a system that attracts you as you go along this path.

I've found a lot of useful information and support here in the GTD Forum. I also recommend the GTD Focus videos by the GTD coaches that you can watch on YouTube.

"Okay thanks, I just scanned over this writing

by coincidence I was trying focus coming back to this thread, got email notification just replied here

was thinking to myself - how much time should I try focus on reading book for example, before trying to update/finish this thread about reading this book

"I feel like I can't express myself

Hi, TimBourne,

14 48

Back on thread

To do literally

On GTD
“accountable, or keep a record of myself actually to study and implement the GTD methodology.
“ thread made - found it by going under the “your threads section of website”

It wouldn’t hurt to narrate literal type of reading actions I have done recently up to this point in time

And tag everyone on forum who has got back to myself so far
@Shady Waxwing @gtdstudente @John Forrister @Mrs-Polifax (scanned over three threads

“I had it in my mind myself already did this - writing reading actions already done in past tho?

Check previous words thread?

What else?

Yeah here: “I myself tim was able to find quoted text on previous untitled google document

“Right now give an update in my reading

Worth showing picture of my notes? E.g. example

I just went through a certain method end of page

And I am going to now go through first part

Would it be worth lilirating (illiterating) my reading

E.g. tried doing some on 24 and 23/10 of”

“I was writing to myself contemplating how to read e.g. if I have to go to job - would be best do something like quick scanning type reading not through for just 30 minutes? What is best time

-I came up with this idea after I read type of book on how to read by Susan bauer - giving instructions could try something reading 30 minutes 4x a week to begin with (I tried to contact that author and she didn’t get back) What else?

Can you upload video to GTD forum?
“Yes I should be able to insert facebook url (which could be video - that would be only way I feel like would be able upload a video to this GTD forum?

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...PUxzLxfQFa2J5yVSGa1QEFn5NYur9XFXrgggWN5h9TtVl

"ST test if video works

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
In GTD, I notice whatever has my attention right now, and I capture it by writing it down and putting it into my in-basket. This gets things off my mind and into a trusted system.

This leads to the further idea that when something has my attention, it is not the way I want it to be, so that something is bothering me, and therefore that something is a problem.

In GTD, I've been learning that I can transform a problem into a Project. I like this idea. A problem seems dark and heavy and confusing and overwhelming to me. I don't know where to start. A Project, on the other hand, seems light and welcoming to me, like a solution is on its way.

One person I spoke to identified a problem of feeling anxiety, and translated that into a Project. She discovered that she could approach feeling anxiety like she approached any other Project. What was her desired outcome? How might she get there? She gathered information, and she looked into it. She decided to work with a psychotherapist, and she learned methods that helped her manage her anxiety.

Best wishes!

In GTD, I notice whatever has my attention right now, and I capture it by writing it down and putting it into my in-basket. This gets things off my mind and into a trusted system.

This leads to the further idea that when something has my attention, it is not the way I want it to be, so that something is bothering me, and therefore that something is a problem.

In GTD, I've been learning that I can transform a problem into a Project. I like this idea. A problem seems dark and heavy and confusing and overwhelming to me. I don't know where to start. A Project, on the other hand, seems light and welcoming to me, like a solution is on its way.

One person I spoke to identified a problem of feeling anxiety, and translated that into a Project. She discovered that she could approach feeling anxiety like she approached any other Project. What was her desired outcome? How might she get there? She gathered information, and she looked into it. She decided to work with a psychotherapist, and she learned methods that helped her manage her anxiety.

Best wishes!
"ITM
I didn't reply to this when first saw it , but liked it

"capture it by writing it down and putting it into my in-basket." saying this for small things and big things like short term and long-term? What about things like routines? Is it worth myself writing down something which might sometimes forget to do by routine I wonder?

Yeah it is written in the book about "projects" for example and using certain techniques, but I myself - am not sure if it is right for myself to do that as off now.

I was just coming back to this thread now - because I done what I wrote in first post (tried go through entire book from part 2 starting again) and wanted to try to write my own summaries of the book

Or myself Tim I was actually thinking to myself of trying to make a new another thread post , about something I e-mailed to John F @John Forrister about the topic of capturing devices (which I was recently also actually writing to another user can't remember in another thread a small bit about)

But I won't do that right now, I will try to do the main focused thing in this thread first

Unless a different cue comes to me FTD

"ST

ITM I myself tim ITM V2 x2

had thoughts literally make a short type snap shot style post here - to sort of narrate my problem
"because I Tim maybe felt disappointed persons didn't get back to post in forum and if I continuing posting/updating then perhaps persons here would contact me back

do something update something today is 04/11 and two days ago on 02/nov I basically finished doing my first attempt here - which was reading over the entire book back to front again starting from part two (where left off where got book three years ago maybe)

"but what was the problem which happened? Well towards end of my reading actually - like the end three chapters of part one of book - I am doing a type of reading technique which has bad comprehension (I literally reverted to doing something such as just underlying words scanning over with my vision and taking minimal notes

ITM literally while writing this I could create some kind of quoted text literally giving example of a key - key ideas which came from me one of the chapters/pages in part one and show another picture...

396990739_1415757692652849_8490159395291150304_n.jpg
What does this image literally show? writing in green pen - small amount 3 lines of just words stood out of me of the chapter literally - "wrote calendar because of the the sub heading calendar in book represent ideas. Allen wrote something key "no more daily to do lists on calendar and should only use a calendar for three things (to do with time/day specific information)
Next action lists - because of the sub heading and also because its maybe something which I am not completely sure about but have some experience - e.g. when doing the task "physical gathering - on the types of A5 sheets lined paper - I wrote out specific projects/ideas/tasks or sometimes/maybes ideas then last week myself Tim literally for first time - I read/looked over every single one of these sheets in my in-tray and wrote down for each one "one possible task/idea to progress the main one project/idea written on the A5 sheet - I wonder is that best way of reviewing the physical in-tray each week? Is there anything else which I should be doing in a weekly review?
Stuffs written - any longer then 2 mins actions should go on next action list
non actionable items trash incubation or reference - Brings a point that I myself tim feel like I basically don't have any proper reference/filing system and maybe really should be something I should put in - I should be prioritising to do? I was - had thought making forum post about topic of reference system and my current folders/files in my room
396896325_1415757775986174_8175205133813917619_n.jpg
and tag at least ones persons

@Mrs-Polifax
@John Forrister

quote link":
https://www.facebook.com/timothy.bo...SsyCavBEA6ieP5qXSvfocikgjQQe6jG7j9TYjXfLyC1Vl

1699114058576.png1699114068153.png1699114076458.png
ST now :l