Action Method software app?

Has anyone tried a cloud app called Action Method? I cannot tell if its an app created for GTD, as a lot of the language on the website sounds very much like GTD. Just wonder if anyone has tried this software?

mcogilvie

Registered
TommyNashvilleTN;102365 said:
Has anyone tried a cloud app called Action Method? I cannot tell if its an app created for GTD, as a lot of the language on the website sounds very much like GTD. Just wonder if anyone has tried this software?

As I am feeling kindly, I will describe action method as post-GTD, but not Created specifically for GTD.

OF user

Registered
Action method

The action method was created by Behance. You can google them and find out more. It really is not related to GTD although the Action Method could be used as a meeting collection tool or a project notes format that eventually will spawn actions to be collected in your inbox.

Post GTD?

I had looked at their website and read their promo stuff. It just seemed like they took GTD and rebranded it, frankly. Not sure how that fits in with copyrights! And so my post was to ask if anyone here has actually used it and can comment on what it really does that would be different from GTD.

mcogilvie

Registered
TommyNashvilleTN;102444 said:
I had looked at their website and read their promo stuff. It just seemed like they took GTD and rebranded it, frankly. Not sure how that fits in with copyrights! And so my post was to ask if anyone here has actually used it and can comment on what it really does that would be different from GTD.

I've read Belsky's book. It seems like it has a bit of GTD in it, and there is one reference in the book to David Allen, but it's hard to know, for example, whether Belsky is really familiar with GTD. It's not like DA invented the separation between projects, actions and reference. The book is more wide-ranging than DA's GTD book, and is aimed at "creatives" (a term I don't particularly like, as it is has as many connotations as "makers").

The electronic system is an offshoot of Behance's paper products, which are attractive-looking. Levenger sells the paper designs in Circa format. The paper is clearly a relative of the Cornell note-taking design. I'm sure you could do GTD with either the paper or the electronic version. Or you could do something not as rigorous, which is probably where Behance's products are positioned and pitched in the marketplace.

Thanks!

mcogilvie;102449 said:
I've read Belsky's book. It seems like it has a bit of GTD in it, and there is one reference in the book to David Allen, but it's hard to know, for example, whether Belsky is really familiar with GTD. It's not like DA invented the separation between projects, actions and reference. The book is more wide-ranging than DA's GTD book, and is aimed at "creatives" (a term I don't particularly like, as it is has as many connotations as "makers").

The electronic system is an offshoot of Behance's paper products, which are attractive-looking. Levenger sells the paper designs in Circa format. The paper is clearly a relative of the Cornell note-taking design. I'm sure you could do GTD with either the paper or the electronic version. Or you could do something not as rigorous, which is probably where Behance's products are positioned and pitched in the marketplace.

Thanks!