Active Project List

I

indigodreaming

How do people use this.. do you have just a straight forward linear list with one item directly after another? do you have a grid type of list with one item in each box? Or what about a mindmap? What other ideas do people have as i have found that i just look rather than foucs on/read a straight list with each item directly after the previous one - strange cause that doesnt happen with my NA lists!!

kewms

Registered
indigodreaming;60086 said:
How do people use this.. do you have just a straight forward linear list with one item directly after another? do you have a grid type of list with one item in each box? Or what about a mindmap? What other ideas do people have as i have found that i just look rather than foucs on/read a straight list with each item directly after the previous one - strange cause that doesnt happen with my NA lists!!

Just a linear list is fine for me. I tried a mindmap and discovered that being overly hierarchical just introduced unnecessary overhead. For me, simpler is better. YMMV.

Katherine

Cpu_Modern

Registered
Simple list here, too. I also add deadlines, either for the project as a whole or the next critical milestone / appointment.

MarinaMartin

Registered
indigodreaming;60086 said:

I have a straight linear list for my Active Projects list. I don't interact with this list very often ... since each Project has its own page in my binder, during my Weekly Review I just go through each project page and ensure that it has at least one item on my Next Actions list. The Active Projects list is more of a backup and/or brainstorming starter for me.

dschaffner

Registered
Wow, I guess I'm the outlier here. I use a hierarchical list since that's what is easier in the software that I use (Lifebalance).

This may explain my non-weekly "weekly" reviews :)

- Don

DStaub11

Registered
My project lists (Someday/Maybe, Later, and Current/This Week) are divided by life role (originally from Covey--I've been thinking about my life like this for years now). Artist, indexer, musician, organizer, friend/relative, partner, parent, presenter...

Do Mi

Oogiem

Registered
DStaub11;60132 said:
My project lists (Someday/Maybe, Later, and Current/This Week) are divided by life role

Mine are divided into groups by areas of focus. Some are roles but a lot are physical areas like main barn, hay barn, back pasture etc.