• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Add project name to categories

  • Thread starter Thread starter djblois
  • Start date Start date
D

djblois

Guest
This is my first attempt at writing a macro. I altered Tim Mcintyres Add project to subject macro. The reason why I did this is I am a big fan of Pocket Informant and Getting Things Done, so I want them to work togeather even better. This add on will add the project name to the categories so it will show up in Pocket informants Timeline view. Now any projects you add on the desktop will sync in so many words with Pocket Informant. Please give me your impressions or even suggestions as I will try to do more with it in the future.

Thank you,
Daniel

Sub project()

Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set myItem = myOlApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
myItem.Categories = myItem.UserProperties("Project") & ", " & myItem.UserProperties("Action")

End Sub
 
Top