• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Alexa - how to make it work for you regarding GTD

As I recall, you can use it with google calendar, and it integrates with various services. Not terribly easy to use, I think.
 
If you have an existing GTD system, look for an Alexa skill that'll feed into it. But, I've tried this with Reminders/OmniFocus, and finally gave up because it was too unreliable (I think it required a connection through IFTTT or something, and some piece would break, leaving my items in Alexa's todo list and not in Reminders). If you find an Alexa skill specifically for the list manager you use, you might get a more reliable setup. You could also, in theory, use the Alexa app's built-in lists feature, but that wouldn't be a very robust GTD system.
 
Top