Android app for Outlook tasks

LFSCO

Registered
Android & Outlook

I use Touchdown, which adds all the modules of Outlook to your android phone. It's not cheap by app standards (it's around $20) but it brings everything - even memos - over without any problems. They have a fully functional 30 day free trial so that you can see if it works for what you need before you spend the money.

A

anika_perry

Touchdown is the only one that works well for outlook! :)

radioman

Registered
My PIM is Outlook 2010, and I use CompanionLink (starting at about $50) on my Windows 7 notebook PC to sync with the DejaOffice app (free) on my Android smart phone. It syncs contacts, calendar, tasks, and memos (and you can choose to leave any of those out of the sync process if you prefer).

Thus, my data resides primarily in two places: Outlook on my PC and DejaOffice on my phone. DejaOffice also lets me sync from it to the Android contact list, so that the phone recognizes names of incoming callers.

It's not perfect (particularly with too-frequent crashes that wipe all data off DejaOffice), but, with an understanding of a couple of minor limitations, over the last few months that I have used this approach, it has worked OK for me. I guess that it has to, as I know of no other integrated solution that does not use Exchange.

Joe

batwater

Registered
anika_perry;97522 said:
Touchdown is the only one that works well for outlook! :)

Agree 100%. Well worth the $20. The other nice thing is if you are using your personal phone and have a corporate policy requiring remote wipe of the phone that is typically enforced through active sync you can protect the rest of your phone from the wipe as the activesync wipe will only apply to the Touchdown (outlook) data.

-Ben