• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Annotation and clipping during read/review

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
I was wondering what techniques folks used to digest their read/review pile?

Like some, I have a pile next to my chair in the living room that is reserved for read/review. I keep scissors, highlighters and post-it flags there so that when I pick something up, I can mark articles of interest in magazines, make margin notes, and underline main ideas. I tend to deconstruct (cut out relevant info or tear out whole articles) magazines so that I can file articles in reference, maybe/someday, or project folders. I generally make one pass through to mark articles that I may want to read later. If I get all the way through w/o marking anything or cutting anything out, I toss the magazine.

I'm looking for hints on annotation marks, note taking styles and the like to improve my system.
 
Top