Announcing: Listmaker for the iPhone and iPod Touch

ceperry

Registered
I'm happy to announce Listmaker, a new iPhone app that synchronizes its data with an online web service. Listmaker is a minimalist list making app that synchronizes its lists to Toodledo.com for online access. Although Listmaker can be used as a simple to do list, it is not meant to be a replacement for your regular GTD system. Instead, Listmaker is meant to be a complement to your regular system, tracking all those things that aren't actionable. For instance, you can use Listmaker to create a grocery list, gift list, travel checklist, or a list of books to read -- whatever lists you'd usually jot down on a sticky note. And since it synchronizes with Toodledo, you can access your lists online and share them with others.

I can hear you now, "Why does the iPhone need yet another list app?" Here's why: There are few list apps for the iPhone that combine simplicity with the ability to synchronize data to an online web service. The most popular one is Zenbe Lists, and although it does its job well, it has some limitations: it offers too limited a selection of data fields, it has limited sorting options, and the online service is a closed ecosystem without the ability to import or export your data.

Listmaker solves these problems. It maintains a certain minimalism that keeps clutter out of the way, but it still offers the features that you need. In Listmaker you can individually sort lists alphabetically, by due date, or manually, and since it syncs to Toodledo, you can take advantage of its great features that allow you to import, export, and share your data. Listmaker also offers a few more data fields that I consider essential, namely a notes field and the ability to create a hierarchy of sub-lists. In short, Listmaker does its best to stay out of your way while offering all the options you need to make sense of your data.

Listmaker isn't yet available in the App Store, but it will be available for $2.99 when it is approved by Apple. A free version called Listmaker Lite (limited to 15 list items) will also be availalble so you can try before you buy. In the meantime, you can get more information about Listmaker and see screenshots at its website: http://software.dazeend.org