Another quick capture tool -- www.jott.com

Alchemist

Registered
This is a great capture tool!!!

I set up an account at Jott.com and registered my cell phone with them. Once done I called the toll free number from my cell and spoke the following note into the service: "this is a test of jott, I'm interested to see how well this transcribes, I typically make lists of things to do, like pick up hamburger, pork, chicken, milk and dog treats at the store." It trascribed my words with 100% accuracy. You can also listen to the message that created the text at the web site.

You can also "Jottcast" -- send your note to others in your contact list on jott.com.

I believe that this is another great tool in the GTD utility belt.

P

plapointe

Yes, very cool. I've subscribed and am having fun playing with it. If work can be fun, I'm all for it.
Pamela

B

Big Wes

Pretty cool!

I've subscribed as well, and it works great! However, I'm sure that they will start charging pretty soon. How could they continue to offer a service like this for free?

darlakbrown

Registered
They talk about this on their site. The service is free and the site will be supported from ad revenue... banner ads, etc. The consumer pays the phone charges (text message, voicemail, etc.)

moises

Registered
Jott.com

It took me six months to catch up to you, Alchemist, but better late than never.

The problem with most voice notes is that I have to first, play them back, and second, write them down. Jott does it all for me.

This is an enormously effective capture tool. Thanks.