Another video from David Allen's home office

S-Tolland

Registered
Brilliant video and insight! Thank you very much to David for such an interesting overview of the way he uses this.

Mining_Guy

Registered
I operate my ticker file system in a similar fashion, but David's "GEM" about prepping for a trip is tremendous. I will use that guidance. The video was not just interesting - it added value. Many Thanks!

ProfessorSue

Registered
followup question about alpha files

kelstarrising;108464 said:
Hi Sue--Those are just the start of his reference files.

The letters come so close together -- are they perhaps a "holding" area for putting things temporarily, to be filed in detailed folders in another location? I try to model myself after DA and the whole GTD team as much as possible!

Sue

Barb

Registered
Couldn't help but notice

The first of those alpha files was "21st Century." Please let that be the name of a company and not part of the tickler file. :D

Love the fancy new forum posting template, by the way. SO much easier to use and lots more options for us to express ourselves!

anne.ramon

Registered
Tickler file folders A4 size

Hi,
I loved the video and went straight to the GTD Store ... but was disappointed to see the tickler file folders are not available in A4 size ? or maybe I just did not find them ? I can have some home made, but ... would love to have genuine GTD folders available :)

nice day to you all from France
Anne

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
anne.ramon;108478 said:
Hi,
I loved the video and went straight to the GTD Store ... but was disappointed to see the tickler file folders are not available in A4 size ? or maybe I just did not find them ? I can have some home made, but ... would love to have genuine GTD folders available :)

nice day to you all from France
Anne

Hello Anne,

Unfortunately, they are not available in A4 size. So sorry! The folders are a very heavy package to ship, even in the U.S., due to the weight. Without a European distribution center, it's been cost prohibitive for most customers for us to ship them outside the U.S., so we've not made an A4 version. If the letter can work for you, now is a good time to get them, while they are all on sale for Connect members through Aug. 31. That will help defray some shipping costs.

Kelly

jmsmall

Registered
Perhaps you at DAC might consider making up some high qality, highly sticky labels...

with the 1-31, months, etc on them and send THOSE out as a mini-product. I know it's not that big a deal to punch them out on my Brother Ptouch but some of us have a bit more money than time...

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
jmsmall;108489 said:
with the 1-31, months, etc on them and send THOSE out as a mini-product. I know it's not that big a deal to punch them out on my Brother Ptouch but some of us have a bit more money than time...

That's actually a GREAT idea. I will capture that!

anne.ramon

Registered
kelstarrising;108482 said:
Hello Anne,

Unfortunately, they are not available in A4 size. So sorry! The folders are a very heavy package to ship, even in the U.S., due to the weight.
Kelly

I understand, thanks for the explanation

human

Registered
I love these videos

Watching David Allen go through stacks of stuff is so useful. That detail about the glasses, for example, was so handy. The fact that he has a system for handling a moment like this is inspiring.

Thanks for sharing!