Any insights regarding dreaded "Push-Back" Next Actions?

mcogilvie

Registered
@mcogilvie,

Next Actions with limited control that are a hassle(s) . . . undesirable experiences, dreaded experiences, low completion probability, pain in the neck, etc.
Got it, thanks. The following may not be what you were looking for…

I thank I remember Jack Kornfield writing that in the Buddhist tradition he learned, novice monks would be sent to keep watch overnight as bodies were burned. Other religions, including Judaism and Christianity, also have the practice of keeping vigil over the dead. No one can avoid unpleasant things in life, and all too often there are real tragedies which must be faced. GTD is a tool for good times and bad times, with which we can ask what is true and how we want to respond to it, at every level of our lives. It’s just a tool, though, and can surely be used to efficiently do objectively awful things. So we have to cultivate an inner life of empathy, perspective and resilience in order to do hard things and face the prospect of undesirable outcomes.

gtdstudente

Registered
Got it, thanks. The following may not be what you were looking for…

I thank I remember Jack Kornfield writing that in the Buddhist tradition he learned, novice monks would be sent to keep watch overnight as bodies were burned. Other religions, including Judaism and Christianity, also have the practice of keeping vigil over the dead. No one can avoid unpleasant things in life, and all too often there are real tragedies which must be faced. GTD is a tool for good times and bad times, with which we can ask what is true and how we want to respond to it, at every level of our lives. It’s just a tool, though, and can surely be used to efficiently do objectively awful things. So we have to cultivate an inner life of empathy, perspective and resilience in order to do hard things and face the prospect of undesirable outcomes.
@mcogilvie,

Agree and also try to keep in mind what Cognitive/Behavioral Economist Daniel Kahneman expressed/suggested:

Plow throw the undesirable [until completed] to enjoy the desirable

Thank you sir