Any New GTD Journal in the works?

SalesDave

Registered
I've asked that question several times and still have not gotten an answer. It seem to me that David Co. is getting more interested in making money than providing services to Connect members who form their base. I am re-evaluating my membership because I have a hard time seeing the value of it with the new focus of David Co.

Dave

PS. I'll bet you a buck we get no answer from the GTD staff.

Barb

Registered
Contact

You might want to consider scrolling down on the GTD screen and doing "contact us". Kelly Forrester is about the only staffer that regularly reads the forum that I can tell.

S

SarahB

Re: Any New GTD Journal in the works?

Thank you for your question about the GTD Journal and overall feedback about GTD Connect. One of the reasons GTD Connect is so unique is that members from around the world can share their experiences and insights regarding all things GTD.

We have no immediate plans for another GTD Journal. However, we do have a lot of great new content in the works, from additional articles and interviews (TechGTD included) to new video and audio segments! Have you had a chance to check out the 16 Getting Started modules? The Extended Conversations featuring David Allen, Marian Bateman, and Meg Edwards that are provided with each module offer many valuable insights for GTDers of every level. Hopefully you've also found our interviews with Andrew Hoxsey, Alan Nelson, and Jim Whitton to be helpful. If you haven't dug deeper in to the GTD-Q, you will want to be sure to tap into this resource as well. In his most recent Teleseminar, David discussed Control and Perspective in greater depth, and it's a wonderful accompaniment to this assessment tool. Also, be sure to give a listen to the Creative Questioning segments for inspiration from David and Michael Bungay Stanier. Lastly, if you haven't seen David's article about getting email under control, you may want to read that as well.

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, we appreciate them!

-Sarah

SalesDave

Registered
apinaud;56940 said:
No GTD Journal, but you loose your buck :D

It's a buck I'm a happy to lose. However I am still concerned about the thinking of the GTD team. The Journal was introduced with fanfare and great promise and promises. Now we find it has withered on the vine. The reconfigured Connect site was introduced this year with fanfare and great promise and promises. Let's hope it does not face the same fate as the Journal.

A lot of new info was put on the connect site. However, it does not take to long to listen to the new audio or the new video. The In Conversation interviews are the only really "new" content each month. That's what's keeping me around for now.

Dave

S

SarahB

Re: Getting Started Modules Downloads/Podcasts

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay in responding to your question. We will be making the Getting Started modules available via download and podcast shortly. Once they are available, we will be sure to announce it via the Message Boards as well as in This Week in GTD Connect. Thank you for your patience, and please keep those comments and suggestions coming.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Mardo

Registered
connect content.

I certainly respect those who disagree but I must say I am pleased with the content that GTD Connect provides. The new modules are really good quick reminders. I am still working my way through them and the discussions. The monthly conversations are good and several of the last few, particularly Alan Nelson's and his lengthly posts have been outstanding;

I have taken the questions on where I stand on the control/perspective grid twice and have listened to the last teleseminar a couple of times. While I don't like where I am in the quadrants at the moment, David in the teleseminar has pointed out that there are valid and sometimes very productive reasons why one shifts from one quadrant to another.Rather than the standard berating myself I have given some thought to where I am and where I am going and upon reflection think that I am preparing for a new "growth spurt"

I have recently been relistening with a new ear to creative questioning.

I think that GTD Connect as well as the David Allen Co. is also going through a very big growth spurt. As a result some of the content that was originally promised has been replaced with what at least David Allen Co must think are new and better ideas. Some will fly and others won't but I am pleased that they are continuing to come up with new ideas and content.

SGuenette

Registered
16 Getting Started modules?

I've been a Connect member for 2 years and follow it very closely. Never noticed that the 16 Getting Started modules were under Connect. I was able to access them from Sarah's post above but can't seem to find them through the Connect home page. I would think they are under Media but maybe I'm blind? Can someone point me to these?

TesTeq

Registered
Top-left area on the main GTD Connect screen.

SGuenette;57036 said:
Can someone point me to these?

1. Log into the GTD Connect website.
  2. GTD Connect main screen is displayed.
  3. Going from the top you see:
    • GTD Connect logo
    • GTD Connect main menu (Home What's New Content Media Contacts MyConnect)
    • GTD Connect Home menu (davidco.com Forum UpClose In Conversation GTD-Q Teleseminars Podcasts Products MyProfile Contact Us)
    • black rectangle with the following text:
      Getting Started
      If you're new to GTD Connect, or want to review how
      to set up a personalized GTD system that works for
      you, support is only one step away. Get started now.
  4. Press the "Read More" button.