Anyone ever heard of this???

M

mike zimmer

Hi folks,

I told my boss that I was learning the GTD system and that for my office I would begin using an A-Z filing system (we've never really organized our files yet!).

He said he'd rather me try a system called suspense tracking system STS or suspense log/tracking system (he couldn't remember which name was correct.)

Has anyone heard of these systems? If so where can I find out more info, and can it be integrated with GTD?

Thanks in advance for you help.

F

Frank Buck

Mike,
I have often heard of tickler files also being called "suspense files." Could this be what was meant in this case?

ext555

Registered
suspense files

I think Frank is correct , I seem to recall Stephanie Winston and Brian Tracy both referring to tickler files by this name --bring forward file was another one.

If that's the case --you can tell your boss you'll be using a suspense file daily 8)

paul

A

Anonymous

STS

Just search on Google. You'll find all kinds of references to ridiculously complicated "suspense tracking" filing systems.

A

andmor

Suspense

I believe "suspense" means the same thing as "holding".

Bryan

Registered
"Suspense" = either "tickler" or "d

The military services (among others) prefer the term suspense...technically, it's "suspense", but it often gets used as "deadline" as in "the suspense [date] for this next Thursday".