Anyone . . . what does. . . .

gtdstudente

Registered
Anyone

What does GTD: "thinking about your stuff instead of of it." really, really mean ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
In my opinion, this distiguishes between thinking about all the stuff you have to/need to/want to do (as in 'accomplish'), as opposed to thinking about what needs to be done, e.g. clarifying next actions (or mapping put projects using the natural planning modell) - the latter being a way more productive approach.

I'm not sure to what degree I managed to get my point across in a foreign language, but I have a clear image of the distinction of the two!

@René Lie

Sounds clear to me. I can think about (worry about) all I have to do virtually all the time because I have no confidence that I will get it done or even remember it, OR I can do my thinking up front for each item before taking action by clarifying and organizing it (including project planning, as needed) into a trusted system that will remember it for me so I can get it off my mind and start actually doing it.

@gtdstudente I've asked ChatGPT and here is its answer:
Here’s a simple way to understand the difference:

- **Thinking about something**: This means your mind is focused on that thing for a while. You might be considering it, reflecting on it, or trying to solve a problem related to it. For example, “I’m thinking about my future.”

- **Thinking of something**: This is usually quicker and more about just having something pop into your mind. It’s like when you remember or imagine something. For example, “I was thinking of you today.”

So, “thinking about” is more in-depth, while “thinking of” is more brief or a simple mention in your mind.

@TesTeq

Very nice . . . clear

"ChatGPT" delivered nice . . . need to download anything for "ChatGPT" or use directly online?

Much of a learning curve to "ChatGPT" proficient?

Do you find yourself using "ChatGPT" on a daily basis?

Thank you very much sir
Https://chatgpt.com

You use it in the browser, and you just chat away like you would in this forum. The whole point is that it should feel like a natural conversation, thus no skills required...

I think there are (at least) two different ways of thinking about something, rather than thinking of it. The first is to think about its meaning for you. Then if it requires some additional activity on your part, what is it? A lot of people spin their wheels thinking of things, some of which they have no control over. This sometimes includes things they even have no real interest in, just some visceral reaction. It takes learned discipline to consistently focus on meaning and action.

I think there are (at least) two different ways of thinking about something, rather than thinking of it. The first is to think about its meaning for you. Then if it requires some additional activity on your part, what is it? A lot of people spin their wheels thinking of things, some of which they have no control over. This sometimes includes things they even have no real interest in, just some visceral reaction. It takes learned discipline to consistently focus on meaning and action.
@mcogilvie

"It takes learned discipline to consistently focus on meaning and action."

So GTD true

Thank you very much sir