Are you having trouble logging in automatically?

Chariot

Registered
Are you having trouble logging in automatically?

The reason I'm asking is because everytime I log into this board, I check the box so that the forum remembers to "Log me on automatically each visit", but then the board does not remember me when I come back.

By the way, the www.davidco.com cookie that gets downloaded is set to expire in two years, so the cookie is not the problem. And my browser is not the problem either, it keeps me logged in for years in other forums, and I explicitly allowed it to accept and give back any cookies from www.davidco.com and davidco.com.

C

CosmoGTD

mine works perfect.
I was going to suggest the cookie...but...

Coz

W

Webmaster

Thanks for the sleuthing on this...

That's some sharp thinking on the domain name for the cookies. It'll be working properly for both domains in a jif. Thanks again!

ceehjay

Registered
Re: Thanks for the sleuthing on this...

Webmaster said:
That's some sharp thinking on the domain name for the cookies. It'll be working properly for both domains in a jif. Thanks again!
Another customer service example a la "The David Allen Company" thread!

Chariot

Registered
Re: Thanks for the sleuthing on this...

Webmaster said:

Thanks.

A

AdamsRib

I still have to relog onto the forums if I access the Posting Board from the www.davidco.com homepage, since it directs to davidco.com/forum. If I access the forum page directly from my "Favorites" file, I'm automatically logged in.

A

Anonymous

AdamsRib said:
I still have to relog onto the forums if I access the Posting Board from the www.davidco.com homepage, since it directs to davidco.com/forum. If I access the forum page directly from my "Favorites" file, I'm automatically logged in.

I'm just taking a guess, but I think you now have the reverse problem. Your favorites file is probably linking directly to davidco.com/forum

Now, when I go to davidco.com/forum, it still ignores my wwwdavidco cookie, but it now gives me a davidco cookie.

AdamsRib, you should check the checkbox and relogin at least once for each domain you want to use, once you do this, you shouldn't have any problems logging in.