Asana “My tasks” question

Laurelmick

Registered
For those who use Asana for GTD, have you found a way to use the My Tasks list? It has a lot of functionality that I like but it’s kind of clunky to use with gtd unkess j am missing something!

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
Hi!

I use Asana, but not that feature. I have set Asana up using the setup guide from @kelstarrising , and this works great!
My biggest problem with Asana is handling projects, so for the time being, my projects reside in Notion...

thomasbk

Registered
I completely ignore My Tasks. Instead, I multihome every task to a private project. I use that private project as My Tasks and sort it by the due date. The view includes a custom column coded for GTD. (I used my own approach to implement GTD instead of the official guide and created a custom field to mark a task WF, NA, H1, etc.)

enyonam

Registered
I also ignore My Tasks. Until they can let us add at least 1 custom field to My Tasks, I really don't see it as usable. So I have a rule that automatically adds every task assigned to me to a private project, into an !nbox section. I have an @context custom field so from the !nbox I can move it an appropriate section and assign a context.

Lamb918

Registered
I have a rule in My Tasks that will move any tasks I'm assigned to either Upcoming (<10 days) or Later (everything else). I treat those like projects, and then have my Next Action and Waiting For Lists at the top of the My Tasks page where I add things directly. I don't have multiple contexts since everything is done on a computer. And I have a separate private project for Agendas with a subsection for each person.