• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Attachments won't drag from email to Calendar

  • Thread starter Thread starter heffman929
  • Start date Start date
H

heffman929

Guest
Hi folks,

If anyone can help me configure whatever it is I need to configure to ensure that when I drag and drop an email with an attachment from my Outlook Inbox to the specific date in my Calendar, I would be most thankful.

It's quite frustrating not being able to drag the attachment with the text of the email. This worked wonderfully well at the outset but it stopped working and I've been unable to get it back working properly. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jeff
 
Are you just dragging, or are you right-clicking and dragging, and then choosing "copy here as appointment with attachment"? The latter should work, or at least it does for me, using OL 2000.

If not, what version of Outlook are you using?
 
Hi Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your prompt reply. It is very much appreciated.

Either I've left my brain at home from the long weekend or I'm missing a step here...As you noted, I had been simply dragging....and to no avail...however I'm missing a step (or more) in what you are suggesting is necessary....

When I right click, a variety of options emerge but none of them seem to do what I am looking for the software to do, namely bring the attachments with the email into my calendar...FYI I'm using MS Outlook Pro 2003 I believe...

If you can provide further assitance, I'd be most thankful.

Cheers,

Jeff
 
Problem solved Brian...

I've figured it out, thanks to your tip Brian, thanks again.

Cheers,

Jeff
 
Top