Audible GTD - not for the UK?

A

acetuk

Hi all - my first post!

Does anyone know why the Audible.com version of GTD is not available in the UK?

It isn't listed on Audible's UK site and when I find it on the US site and try to add it to my basket I get the message 'Due to you geographical location this product is not available' (or words to that effect).

Any ideas out there? I would really like a copy of this and will happily pay but I don't seem to be allowed. What's wrong with the UK?!

Thanks,
Andrew

TesTeq

Registered
Re: Audible GTD - not for the UK?

acetuk said:
Hi all - my first post!

Does anyone know why the Audible.com version of GTD is not available in the UK?

It isn't listed on Audible's UK site and when I find it on the US site and try to add it to my basket I get the message 'Due to you geographical location this product is not available' (or words to that effect).

Any ideas out there? I would really like a copy of this and will happily pay but I don't seem to be allowed. What's wrong with the UK?!

Thanks,
Andrew
I am not the person who is happy with someone's problems but now you can feel the same feeling we have in Poland all the time. For us such situation is standard.
TesTeq

S

SteadyEdd

I don't know if the Audible.com product is the GTD Fast CD's or the audible, narrated, version of the book. If it's the GTD Fast CD's than Nightingale Conant were selling both CD and tape on eBay.co.uk. I purchased the CD's and have to say that they are fantastic material. Item # 6949941262. Well worth the money. The CD autochanger in my car is full of them (it's the only place I can listen to them at the moment - to and from work)!

Edward

S

SteadyEdd

I don't know if the Audible.com product is the GTD Fast CD's or the audible, narrated, version of the book. If it's the GTD Fast CD's than Nightingale Conant were selling both CD and tape on eBay.co.uk. I purchased the CD's and have to say that they are fantastic material. Item # 6949941262. Well worth the money. The CD autochanger in my car is full of them (it's the only place I can listen to them at the moment - to and from work)!

Edward

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
I think Audible sell the narration of the book, not the FAST CDs.

Yes, Audible do use some sort of regional distinction in what is availble. I moved to the US several years ago, but was employed by a UK company and paid in the UK, so I kept a UK credit card going - it was on this that I had my Audible subscription (even though my address was US) and sure enough I had limits on what I could purchase. I was really surprised when I switched to a US credit card eventually and found out what a much larger selection I had available.

I imagine the restrictions have something to do with regional publishing agreements and rights.

As an aside - this impacts my listening to soccer on Radio 5 Live over the Internet. There are some games (including the FA Cup Final for example) where they won't broadcast outside of the UK and hence don't stream it across the net (or at least if your accessing I guess from an overseas IP). It's all very frustrating.

Paul