• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

AutoHotKey: a great (and free) tool for organizing data

Wikipedia describes AutoHotkey as a: 'Free, open source macro-creation and automation software utility which allows users to automate repetitive tasks'

I have been using this tool for a couple of years for a number of different tasks, and it helped me a lot in my job as a project manager in an international R&D environment.

I am so enthusiastic about this tool that I have made a short YouTube clip describing how I use it in creating tracking numbers, and in retrieving documents tagged with these numbers.

I hope you enjoy it: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nYtSGwN-OQ[/video]

http://www.robsprotips.com/
http://www.youtube.com/robsprotips
 
Top