Back to back meetings

Barb

Registered
If you haven't discovered this yet, check out Chris McIntyre's audio post on handling meeting notes(In the Trenches). His "T-note" idea is something I'm going to adopt right away--and tell my husband too!

sdann

Registered
Barb;65368 said:
If you haven't discovered this yet, check out Chris McIntyre's audio post on handling meeting notes(In the Trenches). His "T-note" idea is something I'm going to adopt right away--and tell my husband too!

Thank you, Barb. I wouldn't have thought of looking there without you. I'm going to really give it a try that way too. The margins just aren't enough sometimes.

Barb

Registered
Current Method

I usually just have one amorphous blob of notes and put a star by any action items. This T-Note idea will make it much easier. (I resist the blob of notes like crazy!)

mcogilvie

Registered
It's a great tip. The t-note idea is a simple variant on the pages used in the so-called Cornell note-taking system. Levenger and office supply stores sell pre-formatted paper, and you can find templates on the web as well. But this is easy, works well, and inexpensive.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Actionable Items

I've been using a Levenger Cira notebook as a collection tool and meeting journal at work and like the paper that's already formatted for this note taking style.

During meetings I'll often "tag" actionable items with a small check box that I use during my later processing phase. This way I can mark actionable items as processed into my (Time/Design) system when that phase is completed. I also put an "X" at the top of the page when it is completely processed.

I love these small tips.

- Mark

Barb

Registered
Circa

Are you talking about the Circa paper with the left 3rd of the page unlined and the rest with lines on it? I NEVER KNEW THIS WAS THE REASON!! I've been taking notes on Circa paper for years--and have just been annoyed with the big wide blank left margin.

DUH!!!