Best android app for syncing outlook tasks

I keep my GTD system in teh Outlook tasks which I think works great. However I would like to have an app for my android phone where I can sync my outlook tasks with the phonw. I know that Remember the Milk can do this but I have also heard that it is not optimal. Is there a better option?

radioman

Registered
Please note that I have *NOT* tried the following software, but I have spent some time doing research, as I plan to get an Android smart-phone soon and want to sync it to Outlook on my laptop (as opposed to "the cloud").

Take a look at CompanionLink. I'm not sure that providing a link is allowed here, so just Google it; you can't miss it. It works with a free Android app called DejaOffice, and the combo will sync Outlook's contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes with the smart-phone.

Joe

mediesel

Registered
Sync Outlook 2003 Tasks to Android with Remember the Milk $25/year

I'm just getting set up for GTD, having failed on Franklin, S&S and several others.
Using Outlook 2003 with exchange server 2007 (I think.)
"Remember the Milk" has a free windows application that will sync with Outlook during the trial. I Wasted about 30 minutes trying to see those TASKS on the android. Even sprung for the $25 PER YEAR, still couldn't see them.

Problem is Remember the Milk comes up in "Inbox" You have to
Menu
Lists

Probably would have worked for 15 days without the $25.

At first glance, seems to work well for me. Wish I could change the type font to see more lists.

johnaohman

Registered
ALso check out Gsyncit

I know about this product, but I've not personally used it. Works by syncing Outlook with Google and then with your Android phone.

Also now includes sync with ToodleDo.

ibrubeer

Registered
johnaohman;91244 said:
I know about this product, but I've not personally used it. Works by syncing Outlook with Google and then with your Android phone.

Also now includes sync with ToodleDo.

I have been using GSyncit with Outlook for several months, and it seems to work fine. Actually, I only use GSyncit for the calendar and contacts sync with Google (ultimately my Android phone). I used to be a Palm guy, so I was trying to find a method that would sync Outlook with my handheld, and GSyncit fit the bill.

To sync tasks, I use Toodledo and their Outlook Sync. I use it in conjunction with Pocket Informant for Android because they have built-in support in their Android app. Works great without any intervention once it's setup