Best Android apps for GTD?

overflowing

Registered
I tried ActionComplete which was good but not close enough to GTD for me. As far as I could tell there was no quick way to see actions based on context. You could setup a filter but it was too cumbersome for me.

I just started using Shuffle (http://code.google.com/p/android-shuffle/) and I like the feel of it better. I'm not sure how someday/maybe fits into it (but then perhaps that shouldn't be part of phone app. I know my someday/maybe can get quite large so maybe it's best managed as a file on your computer or something) Until I find something better I'm using Shuffle.

What android apps are you using for GTD?

clango

Registered
3rd vote to Got to do

johnaohman;82446 said:
Try GotToDo. It syncs with ToodleDo.

+1

Mee too I use it, I sync it with Toodledo.

I think Got To Do is really a good product even if sometimes is not so quick in collecting the new actions, on my Htc.

There is also Due today. I tried it recently but I think, it need some more adjustment by the programmers

I don't now where you live but not in all country you can find it in Android market. So I bought it on Slide Me, even if It cost more. Recently 3,5$

clango

Registered
clango;82457 said:
+1

Mee too I use it, I sync it with Toodledo.

I think Got To Do is really a good product even if sometimes is not so quick in collecting the new actions, on my Htc.

Now, Got To Do in the new release 1.2.7 fix the problem, so it's a great tool to collect!

dalacv

Registered
Better than Got To Do, Astrid, GTasks, etc

I tried em all. I have to say, I like a configurable, flexible system. I found something the other day that blew me away as far as ability to implement GTD. The app is called Memento. I promise you that I am not the vendor / developer / or any other way tied to this app. I just like the ability to create my own custom data structure for keeping track of stuff. When I found this, i realized that I could create a mini-CRM and tie it together with a GTD system together in one app.

Memento is the app. I emailed the vendor and asked him about future enhancements and I was happily surprised that most of the things that I asked for (custom icons, and other requests) were already on the list for the next or future releases.

dalacv

Registered
Memento, GTD, HTC

joebug97@gmail.com;82852 said:
Does Memento work well with the Sprint HTC phone?

Yes. I have an HTC EVO. The screen size helps me to see all my Actions (I configured a Library called Actions) by Context (You can group by various fields that you add.

jrdouce

Registered
I'm just trying Simplenotes (simple-note.appspot.com) for notes using the web interface, Chrome plugin and Android. So far it's the simplest, most efficient list manager I've tried. Just a list name and body. Use tags (0-M) for context.

Lacking a decent task manager, I'm considering using it for text base task lists, like the old days.

alg

Registered
GTD Task Manager by Daniel Pecos Martinez

Has anyone tried this app? I downloaded it from the Android market and it does manage by context and next action, as well as group actions under specific projects. Any thoughts, pro or con, on how it compares with the others?

Philb

Registered
"My Life Organized" has an Android version that is now available. It's a great app that allows a great deal of flexibility in implementing a GTD...

Cheers

Phil

Severiano

Registered
Doit.im works for me

There are several apps for Android out there that can confuse people who are looking for the best tool.

I download several of them (MLO, ActionComplete, Doit.im, Get It Done, GTask, Remember The Milk, Shuffle, etc) and started to use them with one project in each of them.

One project started moving forward and the others were not because different reasons (1 or 2 more "clicks" to open the tool, no widget to see Today's actions where to focus, not able to sync with my laptop, and so on) so, of course, I started to use the tool that was helping me to move projects forward...

Today "Doit.im" works for me, tomorrow, I do not know...

jrdouce

Registered
Severiano;97514 said:
(1 or 2 more "clicks" to open the tool, no widget to see Today's actions where to focus, not able to sync with my laptop, and so on)

I was using Simple note, but the Web site Chrome plugin and Android apps are all made by different vendors, I was having difficulty keeping them in sync. I've since moved everything to Evernote; "1 or 2 more "clicks" to open the tool, no widget to see Today's actions" are a concern, but data capture and ubiquity of access are more important to me.

Candid

Registered
jrdouce;97538 said:
I was using Simple note, but the Web site Chrome plugin and Android apps are all made by different vendors, I was having difficulty keeping them in sync. I've since moved everything to Evernote; "1 or 2 more "clicks" to open the tool, no widget to see Today's actions" are a concern, but data capture and ubiquity of access are more important to me.

You can create a shortcut on your main screen for a search. In Android, you do the search (in this case for next actions) and then tap the menu button and choose "Create shortcut" You can name the short cut and then save it. Once done it will be on your home screen and you put it move it around.

LFSCO

Registered
Evernote's new widgets

Check out the new widgets for Evernote. One of them has an expanded area underneath the widget we're used to that can show the last widget viewed, last updated, a specific notebook, tag or saved search. You might be able to tweak that to find what you want in one click (or see the list of Today's actions). The downside is that it's a 4x2 widget, so it takes up 1/3 of the screen.

finklemcgraw

Registered
GTD-style voice recorder

I've not yet found a single application that represents a full GTD-solution for me. One of the parts that I really like in my current GTD-suite is netMemo (for "dumping" my brain into the inbox & general idea and thought capture while on-the-go). It let's me record a voice note with only two clicks, and then delivers the recording to my regular e-mail inbox as an mp3-attachment, where I can't miss it.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netify.netmemo

markw

Registered
Any.Do

There's a lot of buzz around Any.Do at the moment as it's just been released for iOS and Google Chrome. It started off as an Android app and whilst it's not specifically a GTD focused task management app, it does support some features which could certainly be adapted for GTD style task management if your system is pretty straightforward.

johnaohman

Registered
Any.do "Buzz" Right Now is Data Loss

Beware. There are multiple posts in the Android Market about total loss of tasks with the latest update to Any.Do

Seems as though, the app now asks the user about logging in with Facebook and if you "skip" that, it wipes out all your tasks. Then to make matters worse, it won't accept a restore from previous backups.

I'd be wary until the developer gets this bug fixed (duh!).

I'm still a ToodleDo synced with Ultimate To Do List fan for my Android device.

timjamesbrennan

Registered
As an avid user of Omnifocus, I have been looking for an equivalent app on android for quite some time without success. This would cause many people to ditch it and get an iphone, and I would have done the same if it weren't for the voice actions app by google.

I use voice actions as my primary capture tool. Simply by pressing and holding the magnifying glass icon, the app launches and I say something like " note to self, August 31 going to Jay's for lunch 1pm". Then I press send.

It instantly sends an email to myself with that audio recording so I can process later. It also transcribes the words, but this is very unreliable so I just use the audio attachment. (note: this feature only works for me if I set my location to the US, even though I am British)

iPhone now has Siri which I have not used, but I have heard that the apples server is occasionally down and so puts some people off using this feature.

Because of the lack of Omnifocus or an equivalent on the android platform, I use Omni focus on the iPad which works very nicely.

TeaPot

Registered
If you are a businessman or a responsible employer I think Business Calendar and Dropbox application will useful to you.